When are the formal nights

mc53

Have just booked 9 night south pacific cruise departing 21 March on Celebrity Solstice.

can any one tell me if the formal nights will be held on sea days at the beginning and end of the cruise.?

Would like to book at speciality restaurants and I didn't want these bookings to be on the same nights as the formal nights.

Thanks

Have just booked 9 night south pacific cruise departing 21 March on Celebrity Solstice.

can any one tell me if the formal nights will be held on sea days at the beginning and end of the cruise.?

Would like to book at speciality restaurants and I didn't want these bookings to be on the same nights as the formal nights.

Thanks

No formal night on Celebrity anymore.

Evening Chic or something like that now. Mostly pants and shirt.

But usually on a Sea day, not first or last nights, that normally narrows it down a fair bit.

Thanks

The nights(now called CHIC) are usually sea nights. The second sea night is usually the first. The Chic style is more like what you'd wear to a nice restaurant. Suit/sport coat nice slacks with/without tie. Still many went all out & many tuxes on our 14 night Eclipse trip this past Jan.

All that said, there is no guarantee that the elegant chic nights will be on sea nights. It varies by ship. Your best bet would be to check with cruisers on the voyages before yours if it is the same itinerary. If you can't do that you can only take your best guess. The last one is almost always the night before the night before disembarkation. The first one is the one that varies the most. They try to schedule them on sea nights, but depending on itinerary that is not always possible. In my experience they will NOT schedule them on nights when the ship is in port late (7 or 8 pm or later) or on nights when the ship is doing an overnight call. Those are actually good nights to book specialty restaurants as a number of people stay out in port past dinner time. You can usually negotiate some better rates on those nights as they are not as crowded.