Cruise documents

travellgirl

This is our first time cruising NCL.

I just printed our cruise documents.

Is it correct that there is only one page and does not contain all the information I typed in? And one page is good for both of us since it has both our names?

I see there is a bar code and assume they will just scan that at the pier?

We have always had to put in our credit card information and sign it before check in also. Is that something NCL does not do?

I just want to make sure I have in order to expediate the check in process.

Thank you for any information.

NCL does some things differently than others. I would strongly suggest your read some threads here where this question and many others unique to NCL come up.

As to your question... you need very little printed out. It is only used to get past the rent a cop on the pier. You then get to the counter where they check passport, swipe card(s), etc.

The best thing to do is take an electronic copy of your e-docs that you download from NCL.com That is all that you need. When you check in you will give them your passport or other ID, and a CC, and they will go from there. You do not need any forms from the web site.

They will scan a credit card at check-in and one of you will have to sign allowing both/all your charges to go to that card.

If you want to put cash on your folio tell them you intend to do it that way rather than by CC. In that case your cards will not work for purchases till you have been to Guest Services and given them the money.

General advice is NOT to use a Debit Card.

The best thing to do is take an electronic copy of your e-docs that you download from NCL.com ....

I would suggest a printed copy.

In all reality, you can show up with nothing but ID/Passport and be okay.. but it will take a bit more to get past the rent a cop.

I would suggest a printed copy.

In all reality, you can show up with nothing but ID/Passport and be okay.. but it will take a bit more to get past the rent a cop.

A colleague of mine went on Escape cruise with her family and she left the eDocs back at home. So the 'rent-a-cop' had to look for her name on the list he had in his hand. He said he sees 2 ppl with same surname and showed them to her ... and her sister's surprise was ruined!! Apparently the sis was invited to join the family but she couldn't get time off, but in the end she was able to get time off and decided to surprise the family!

:cool: