Adventure of the Seas - Sauna/Steam Rooms

ryccmrl

Perfect, thanks Bob

It's a beautiful thing to go and spend some time there pre dinner dress up so the girls can have the cabin and no one is tripping over themselves...Quite the respite before getting all gussied up

Yep, I've read that more than a few seem to use the fitness center showers for that.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

are they available now?

They were still there when I was on over Thanksgiving but I heard or read somewhere that they could be up for the chop when Adventure goes for her next dry dock. The big hot tub that used to be at the entrance to the gym is no longer there.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 4:49 PM, HLR said:

So on Adventure of the Seas....it is now a paid spa...are the steam rooms and sauna co-ed now?

Howard

Not yet--Adventure was spared the cr-amplification because of the pandemic, but it's only a matter of time before they ruin her nice fitness center like they did on Freedom and Navigator. If they do it like Navigator, there will be NO steam/sauna generally available (like the thermal suite on other ships). Navigator only has a tiny one in the spa for spa guests.

It's a shame that they are taking away these nice complimentary amenities and just adding more cabins. It's all about the revenue, and that is taking away ships that we will sail on with Royal. Eventually we will have to go elsewhere, I guess.

35 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Not yet--Adventure was spared the cr-amplification because of the pandemic, but it's only a matter of time before they ruin her nice fitness center like they did on Freedom and Navigator. If they do it like Navigator, there will be NO steam/sauna generally available (like the thermal suite on other ships). Navigator only has a tiny one in the spa for spa guests.

It's a shame that they are taking away these nice complimentary amenities and just adding more cabins. It's all about the revenue, and that is taking away ships that we will sail on with Royal. Eventually we will have to go elsewhere, I guess.

@CntPAcruiser, just off the Navigator, the small steam available in the SPA, separate one in each changing room is actually ‘free’ to use without any SPA appointments. They did close it down during Omicron surge, but was told on February 28 sailing it has reopened to limited guests. You are timed and they now keep your card at the reception desk. The steam room is quite small. Currently the limit is max 3 passengers. There are no lockers, just hooks to hang your clothes or a tote. I have not been on Freedom to see if setup is same.

3 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@CntPAcruiser, just off the Navigator, the small steam available in the SPA, separate one in each changing room is actually ‘free’ to use without any SPA appointments. They did close it down during Omicron surge, but was told on February 28 sailing it has reopened to limited guests. You are timed and they now keep your card at the reception desk. The steam room is quite small. Currently the limit is max 3 passengers. There are no lockers, just hooks to hang your clothes or a tote. I have not been on Freedom to see if setup is same.

That's good to know--I'd seen it described differently pre-pandemic. But it's hardly a replacement for the superb facilities that were ripped out of Freedom. She used to be one of my favorite ships.

13 hours ago, wallyj said:

Is this on Deck 12 then, within the Spa area? If so I had no idea about that when I was on the Navigator in March, 2020 right before the shutdown. Those facilities must have been added in the Amplification since changing rooms were never part of the Deck 12 spa area.