Captain Scarla done on seaside end of January

Cachou123

Just had confirmation off the big man himself on instagram that he is joining seaview and will be doing his daily countdown video and welcomed any suggestions [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which is his last week onboard seaside? We are sailing Jan 20th

Safe sailing

The instagram posting mentioned till the end of January, so obviously he will still be on board for your January 20-27 sailing. Don't know about ours the following week from January 27 to February 2.

any reason why you care? :rolleyes:
How about the fact that Captain Scala has been promoting the construction of the Seaside for the past few months on Instagram and has been posting multiple videos as well with his "MSC you soon" tagline. Now, after six weeks of sailings, he will be taking his vacation and then moving on to promoting the Seaview. Great for him since he will be based in Europe, not so much for all of the people who were looking forward to sailing with him.

Does it really make a difference who the captain is? It's a genuine question.
Not really, but since we have seen Captain Scala on TV as well as through all of his during construction promos on line, it will/would have been nice to meet him at our meet & mingle. I say will/might since he is leaving at the end of January and it has not been confirmed if his last sailing on the Seaside is the one which ends on January 27 or the one that we are on that starts on that date.

Does it really make a difference who the captain is? It's a genuine question.

I think who the Captain is, def influence the atmosphere of the cruise and how the ship run overall . . . from our previous experience, when we've had Captains that were energetic, extroverted and full of fun, we found this flowed through to the rest of the staff and the cruises was far more lively and everyone as a whole smiled more. When we've had a Captain who was never seen or when they were, did not interact with anyone, the staff seems to be deflated and just "doing a job"

I wonder how his crew feel about this,seeing as a large number of them followed him from Divina. I know I would feel disappointed if I followed a boss to a new job and then he/ she suddenly moved on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder how his crew feel about this,seeing as a large number of them followed him from Divina. I know I would feel disappointed if I followed a boss to a new job and then he/ she suddenly moved on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is life working on a cruise ship. Crew, officers, staff are always coming and going. Everyone has different contract lengths and they purposely do that to avoid massive crew changes all at one time. It's all part of life at sea and the crew knows this.