some questions about carnival rules and cabins

StormySeas

I am not new to cruising or even to carnival, we haven't been on Carnival in about 10 years. and the rules are different for different cruise lines. first- does the shower have a curtain or door. second- can I bring a power strip or extension cord or both. third- can I bring a very small fan to plug in at my bedside. (hot flashes!:o fourth- is the "adult pool area" kept ADULTS only or when kids go to the pool are they allowed to stay? thanks in advance for the answers! also if anybody has any great tips or secret places for the Breeze, load me up!! Cruising in May:D

I am not new to cruising or even to carnival, we haven't been on Carnival in about 10 years. and the rules are different for different cruise lines. first- does the shower have a curtain or door. second- can I bring a power strip or extension cord or both. third- can I bring a very small fan to plug in at my bedside. (hot flashes!:o fourth- is the "adult pool area" kept ADULTS only or when kids go to the pool are they allowed to stay? thanks in advance for the answers! also if anybody has any great tips or secret places for the Breeze, load me up!! Cruising in May:D

1. The shower has a curtain, and it sticks to you ;)
  2. You can bring power strips/extension cords, they must not have surge suppression as that is a fire hazard.
  3. Yes, you can bring a small fan. It must be in good condition or they can confiscate it (same goes for #2).
  4. Adults only pools. Good question. There was a period of time last year when they opened them up to everyone. That stopped soon after, but I believe that the decision was that they would be opened up whenever there was a very high number of families with children on board.

Some of this is probably answered on the Carnival website (like the powerstrip question), but some of your questions are more reality-based, so here goes:

Showers have curtains (maybe suites have doors)

Bring a power strip (make sure it does not have surge protection) or a power cord. Or both, I suppose.

Fan is OK.

Serenity area for my recent cruise on Liberty was kept adult-only - I don't recall any kids in there. No kids are supposed to be there at all. However, others have reports that older teens sometimes wander in and don't get booted. :shrug:

1. Shower Curtain

2. Yes, basic power strip and/or extension cord - no surge protectors

3. Yes, I would suggest carrying it on. Out of Galveston many people have fans confiscated from checked luggage

4. There are no adult only pools on the Breeze. There are hot tubs up in the Serenity area.

Enjoy the Breeze. I’ve sailed her multiple times. She’s my favorite ship.

Note that the non-serenity pools that are designated "adults-only" may only have the actual POOL designated as such. The pool AREA, on the other hand, may have kids hanging around (especially, for instance, in the Conquest-class ships, where the Pizza joint is in the pool area).

Stormy - You will LOVE the Breeze!!

Most of your questions have been answered so I won't repeat answers but wanted to add a few notes. When we got off the Valor in August I actually saw someone toting a BOX FAN off of the ship! We have brought 4" and 3" fans trying to avoid the "fan police" but after that I think pretty much anything goes!

Regarding your question about secret places... I'm not sure if you are looking for a really secret place or just a quite place to relax and enjoy. I've only been on 2 cruises, the Breeze and the Valor and I found the Breeze to have many places to just chill and have a quite moment. One of my fav places is on the outside decks (front or back). I was surprised how many times there was very few people and very little traffic there. Also, in the main stage area during the day between events it can be pretty much empty.

Enjoy your cruise!!

1. The shower has a curtain, and it sticks to you ;)
  2. You can bring power strips/extension cords, they must not have surge suppression as that is a fire hazard.
  3. Yes, you can bring a small fan. It must be in good condition or they can confiscate it (same goes for #2).
  4. Adults only pools. Good question. There was a period of time last year when they opened them up to everyone. That stopped soon after, but I believe that the decision was that they would be opened up whenever there was a very high number of families with children on board.

23 Carnival cruises sailed so far and I've never had a shower curtain stick to me.

Edited by stargate fan

Back when we first started cruising we had the sticky shower curtain. They have added magnets to the bottom so they no longer do this. Another tip is to shower in the gym. Those showers are huge, nice and spacious and the gym is usually empty after about 4pm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also, Carnival is now employing "pool monitors" to keep an eye on the pools (this change was effected last year). Part of their job is to keep kids out of adult-only pools, food away from the pools, swim-diaper patrol, etc.

A tip for "clingy" shower curtains:

Pack some clips (binder clips, bag clips or clothes pins - whatever you have) to add weight to the curtain and help keep it hanging straight. Bag clips with magnets are ideal since if you don't need it for the shower you can stick them on the wall to hold papers.

thanks for the answers...I mis-typed. we are on the Dream, not the Breeze. we spent so long deciding which ship/departure port that I forgot which one we picked!! LOL

I cruised on Dream last week, and there were many kids in both pools. I didn't see any signage designating a pool as adults only. Serenity is age 21 and over but there is no pool there.