Where to get drinks?

The Babels

This probably sounds like a dumb question but as a first time cruiser I can't figure out how the whole "free drinks" thing works. We sail on the Carnival Glory on 1/27 and am wondering if I need the bottomless bubbles package. I understand that iced tea and water are free (my usual drinks anyway) but I'm wondering what I do to get them. Can I just order an iced tea at the comedy club, the piano bar or at a show or do I need to go to a dispenser somewhere on the ship? Those are just random examples but you get the point. If I have to walk to the buffet area every time I want I drink I may as well get the BB package. I just want to be able to walk to nearest place and get a drink and be able to get drinks at the shows or on the serenity deck if I want. Do I need bottomless bubbles to get that? Thanks for any advice. 22 days till sail away! 🌴🏖🙋

You can get tap water from any bar or server. Lemonade and iced tea (juice in the mornings) in the main dining room or buffet and maybe pool area in some ships. If you want more then water at the shows and don't want to pay per drink the bottomless bubbles package is your best bet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Bring a big Bubba Mug (or Yeti or whatever you like) and fill up at the Lido buffet and carry it around. Doesn't eliminate trips to the buffet for tea or lemonade but it cuts down on them. Downside is you have to mind a mug all day. Another low-cost option is to order the 12 packs of water from the fun shop prior to sailing. It's like 4 bucks or so and you can keep them cold in the room fridge. (we have never had a problem with the room fridge other than not much space. They have always kept our drinks cold. Others have reported theirs didn't ever get very cold. COuld depend on the boat. ANd not every boat has them in every room but most do now.) We got two 12 packs and had a couple left over at the end of a 7 day cruise. It's good water and you can carry those bottles anywhere.

A lot of people walk around with bottled water. Some carry Yetis and such..

When refilling these they ask (want) you to refill from a cup, not directly into the container.

If you're ordering a glass of ice water or other free drink on Carnival, expect an extended wait time to receive it. With the bottomless bubbles package, it was probably my biggest pet peeve regarding all things Carnival.

It's night and day compared to other cruise lines where drinks are served almost instantaneously and with little wait (if any)... even in the buffet areas and lounges experiencing high volume during peak times.

Hubby and I drink alot of water, flavored with low calorie drink packets in our sports bottles or Yetis every day in our normal lives. We do not drink soda or full calorie juice. We try to match our vacation eating lifestyle with our regular daily lifestyle (with a couple of exceptions...desserts!) So we ordered 2 packs of water to be in our stateroom and will be bringing our Yetis & drink packets. We will ask the room steward for ice to be in our cabin daily and we'll use the cups/glasses at our meals in the MDR then dump them in our Yetis. (We rarely eat at buffets normally, so don't plan to eat much there on the cruise).

Also remember that each person in your cabin can take a 12pk of soda on board with you and buy more in ports. You may take your allotment of soda on with you and just carry a Yeti with you and refill as needed. MUCH cheaper than any drink package. Also if you live in the south, the sweet tea on the ship isn't really sweet tea. At least not sweet tea as us southerners know it.