Ground Transportation Question for Bay Area Princess cruisers

kangforpres

Hi-

What is your preferred method of getting to pier 27? We are on the 10 day Mexico RT if February and I'm not going to pay $180 to have a car stored. We live in Oakland, so do your ride share or car hire I mean if you can't get friends/relatives to drop you off there.

Thanks,

Paul

We always pay to park, as It’s cheaper than the cost of two airline tix. We just kind of figure it into the overall cost of the trip. It is so nice to just get off the ship and walk across the street and drive home in 30 mins. Otherwise, we would pay to park or Uber to BART and take BART to Embarcadero and Uber from Embar to pier 27

Our first choice is BART -- if we have the sip and sail, that is. We pack in carry on luggage so just walk from the Embarcadero to Pier 27. It is less than a mile and all flat.

Harder to do if we are taking our own wine, though.

Our next choice is Uber or Lyft. We've given up on the expensive shuttles or car services.

Our best choice is a neighbor that is willing to drive us over to the City. Luckily, we have one that enjoys spending time over in the City. But, since that isn't always feasible, the other two options are really the best.

Hi-

What is your preferred method of getting to pier 27? We are on the 10 day Mexico RT if February and I'm not going to pay $180 to have a car stored. We live in Oakland, so do your ride share or car hire I mean if you can't get friends/relatives to drop you off there.

Thanks,

Paul

I’ve only used Pier 27 once and my sister dropped us off. If I couldn’t do that, I would take Uber or Lyft.

We usually have relatives drop us off. If no rides are available, BART to Embarcadero station. Then you can: 1) walk (less than 1 mile), 2) Muni F line, 3) Cab in front of the Hyatt, 4) Uber or Lyft or even 5) Catch a pedicab.