Finders/Keepers ?

We were on the Epic last Feb. The 1st day in dock our toilets wouldn't flush..luckily we were on deck 14 and it was a quick run up to Deck 15.. I brought my phone with me. when I got back into my room I realized that I left it in the bathroom. I ran back up and it was gone. this was a matter of 5 minutes. I went right down to customer service and it had already been turned in! I was so thankful. I didn't find out who turned it in but I wished them some really good vibes.

Hello again,

I know I had it on my wrist at 10.30pm as I walked down from deck 11 (Galaxy of the Stars) to deck 7 (Atrium) I had a quick look around to see if any tables were available and if the band playing was better than the duo on deck 11.

Took the glass elevator back up to 11 and then realised the watch had slipped off my wrist.

Yesterday I bought a replacement - thanks for all your comments .

We were on the Christmas /New Year NCL Spirit Cruise.

At 10.30pm on New Years Eve we were in the Galaxy of the Stars deck, I looked at my watch and said to my DH that I would go down to the Atrium to see if the band playing was better than the duo in Galaxy .Between the two venues my watch slipped off my wrist. :(

The next morning I went to the Customer Information desk to see if it had been handed in. No luck !! I went back a couple of times but eventually realised that whoever found it was keeping it.

It was a Rotary gold plated - not the most expensive - but a present from my DH. The next day we had an hours time change .. so whoever had my watch was changing the time knowing it was not theirs.

My question is .. if you found something would you return it - if it was possible?

of course: I can't imagine anyone not returning something unless it was loose money, then it is an iffy. People who keep things that are not theirs are not much different from someone who would shop lift for instance. :eek:

While THEFT may occur darn near anywhere, LOSING an item is not the same as someone STEALING the item.

And "lost" items- found, but kept, is a BIG possibility that has happened recently on multiple cruises I have taken the last few months.

Read the claims- "left" is what I'm referring to, I find it's sometimes too causal thinking on cruise ships, where I see this too frequently. As I'll mention again- would you do the same "left" at your local Mac Donalds? If yes, then find and dandy.

Never mentioned crew.

i understand....my comment was more general.

all the time on here and facebook you read post about "my steward STOLE my iphone/tablet/necklace/glasses/prescriptions" and in reality, they just lost it. rooms DO get left open during cleaning - if you leave something laying out in clear view it is possible someone could slip in to the room and steal it.