Online prices

Pee0305

Hi, Just this morning I found a great deal sailing with RC to the Fjords. It was an online price and as far as I could gather I reserved the holiday at the price given (no money changed hands but an email confirmed the holiday and price). 2 minutes later I received a phone call from an agent at the website saying that the price shown was wrong by £200 per person. Are they able to do this? I always understood that the advertised price was the price you got it for or is it different if buying online?

Disappointed :(

Hi, Just this morning I found a great deal sailing with RC to the Fjords. It was an online price and as far as I could gather I reserved the holiday at the price given (no money changed hands but an email confirmed the holiday and price). 2 minutes later I received a phone call from an agent at the website saying that the price shown was wrong by £200 per person. Are they able to do this? I always understood that the advertised price was the price you got it for or is it different if buying online?

Disappointed :(

Was this through a TA’s website or Royals.

I think there is something happening with Royals European pricing this morning.

I have just seen a Rhapsody from Venice in November for £214.00 per person with drinks package on the UK website.

We rarely get any 7 day over here for much less than £600.00 so I’m guessing a glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was an online travel agent.

With no money down you most likely obtained a quote and did not make an actual reservation. Quotes are basically subject to change immediately as cruise lines adjust their prices constantly. You would need to contact your own countries regulatory officials to see if the TA broke any of your countries rules and regulations.

I think there is something happening with Royals European pricing this morning.

I have just seen a Rhapsody from Venice in November for £214.00 per person with drinks package on the UK website.

We rarely get any 7 day over here for much less than £600.00 so I’m guessing a glitch.

The RCI site has issues with showing the wrong fare on the initial pages. If you continue the booking on that sailing which is showing at £214.00, you will end up at the real price of at least £898.00 for a Z GTY rate (which does not include any promotion).

The RCI site has issues with showing the wrong fare on the initial pages. If you continue the booking on that sailing which is showing at £214.00, you will end up at the real price of at least £898.00 for a Z GTY rate (which does not include any promotion).

Yes your right, interesting.

I’ve certainly had issues previously with the front page not being the same as the booking price but this really is some difference.

Someone over here in the UK with a knowledge of our sale of goods act and consumer protection laws could have some fun with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums