NCL Barcelona shore excursions on NCL website?

sydfella

Is anyone able to view NCL Barcelona shore excursions on the NCL website? Assumed they were just slow making them available in online access (cruising in May 2018, embarking in Rome). However, they haven't been available at all under the general access shore excursions pages or as a downloadable port PDF list now for some time now either. NCL haven't responded to a question about their visibility. Is something amiss here? Seems odd.

Is anyone able to view NCL Barcelona shore excursions on the NCL website? Assumed they were just slow making them available in online access (cruising in May 2018, embarking in Rome). However, they haven't been available at all under the general access shore excursions pages or as a downloadable port PDF list now for some time now either. NCL haven't responded to a question about their visibility. Is something amiss here? Seems odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably renegotiating or changing shore ex vendors. NCL does not “run” any shore excursions. They contract with local tour providers. If providers are unreliable, poor quality, too expensive, or can not support the volume of tours of a mega ship, they are replaced.

Probably mmrenegotiating or changing shore ex vendors. NCL does not “run” any shore excursions. They contract with local tour providers. If providers are unreliable, poor quality, too expensive, or can not support the volume of tours of a mega ship, they are replacedkokmkmmmo.

Ohttp://okko

Is anyone able to view NCL Barcelona shore excursions on the NCL website? Assumed they were just slow making them available in online access (cruising in May 2018mmmm, embarking in Rome). However, they haven't been available at all under the general access shore excursions pages or as a downloadable port PDF list now for some time now either. NCL haven't moresponded to a question about their visibility. Is something amiss here? Seems odd.

Oo

O

kko

Probably renegotiating or changing shore ex vendors. NCL does not “run” any shore excursions. They contract with local tour providers. If providers are unreliable, poor quality, too expensive, or can not support the volume of tours of a mega ship, they are replaced.

Ah a possibility. Has anyone seen this happen before so close (if 4 months is close) to a cruise date?

Interesting that they would pull the plug on them all at once. I would imagine they would have a mixture of vendors for different types of tours. Perhaps not in Barcelona being a large and established market.

Ah a possibility. Has anyone seen this happen before so close (if 4 months is close) to a cruise date?

Interesting that they would pull the plug on them all at once. I would imagine they would have a mixture of vendors for different types of tours. Perhaps not in Barcelona being a large and established market.

Barcelona is slightly different than most ports. Mostly, it is used as embarkation and disembarkation, so NCL's main requirement from local companies is shuttles from the airports, and the tours that they offer disembarking passengers, which are often fairly limited.

Amongst their regular itineraries, yours is (I believe) the only one where Barcelona is a normal port of call, and only a relatively small proportion of the passengers are on that particular itinerary. I suspect that the numbers of people taking standard excursions in Barcelona are fairly low compared to other ports.

I don't know whether that has any impact on what is happening.

I just checked my reservation (we are on a round trip from Barcelona in just over two months time) and there are no disembarkation tours being offered at the moment, so it does look like there is some sort of problem.

I just checked my reservation (we are on a round trip from Barcelona in just over two months time) and there are no disembarkation tours being offered at the moment, so it does look like there is some sort of problem.

Thanks for the info Keith. Helpful to know.

Yes quite right about the majority embarking in Barcelona. Have been on this itinerary before in 2013, also embarking from Rome. We definitely had tours available for Barcelona. I ended up however engaging a private driver to do Barcelona and Montserrat as NCL didn't offer it. This time around when looking at the general port shore ex page I noted that they now offered this tour. But then no port page at all for some time. Will just keep watch/book something with another operator. Cheers.

I am on the Spirit out of Barcelona in two weeks (1/24/18) there are still no excursions of any kind in Barcelona presented as of yet. No transfer excursions, nothing. I called NCL and she said they are being re-negotiated and most likely be unavailable until boarding. I have the $50 credit...so I will have no scheduled method of transfer when I board. Not too happy about that, she said she was sure something will be available after boarding... so I hope they have enough spots....

I am on the Spirit out of Barcelona in two weeks (1/24/18) there are still no excursions of any kind in Barcelona presented as of yet. No transfer excursions, nothing. I called NCL and she said they are being re-negotiated and most likely be unavailable until boarding. I have the $50 credit...so I will have no scheduled method of transfer when I board. Not too happy about that, she said she was sure something will be available after boarding... so I hope they have enough spots....

Oh that’s not fun. Definitely hope they sort that out for you. So that definitely clears that up. I have the shore ex OBC too.

Oh that’s not fun. Definitely hope they sort that out for you. So that definitely clears that up. I have the shore ex OBC too.

I have more time before my cruise, but I've started to regret choosing the shore ex credit. It's not just Barcelona: at Cannes I want to do something that no shore tour (NCL or other) offers and will probably arrange it myself, with Uber or a rental car, and my cruise will be at Naples on May 1, when the Pompeii and Herculaneum excavations will be closed. I'd like at least to know what will be substituted.