Gala Nights and Gowns

Epicureangirl

That's a lot of buttonholes.

BTW, and sorry for drifting into men's attire, but does anyone know if there is a secret to keeping a bow tie straight (horizontal, not slanted)? I am the Dilbert of bow ties.

Firstly, you have to tie it tight to your neck, so it doesn't flop around or droop. Like a finger width but not much more. And then if you still need to straighten it, you tilt your head just-so -- it will all balance out. :')

OR you could use that invisible fabric tape, like Miss G suggested. I buy "Hollywood Fashion Secrets" fashion tape. The double sided tape is clear and flexible and holds everything place.

Good luck!

Errr, umm, actually I used the type with the elastic and clasp. ☺️

I should read more carefully -- my suggestion for tying it tighter won't work (though the head-tilt suggestion still applies). :D I suggest picking up a 'real' old-school bow-tie. They should be plentiful and cheap after Christmas -- look on YouTube for a tutorial and practice, practice, practice. Or ask your wife/significant other/attractive neighbor to do it for you! I do know how to tie one, and yes, I did learn it from YouTube!

The great thing about the real bow tie, is they look equally amazing undone at the end of the evening. Or if you couldn't figure out how to tie it in the first place...

2.jpg

That's a lot of buttonholes.

BTW, and sorry for drifting into men's attire, but does anyone know if there is a secret to keeping a bow tie straight (horizontal, not slanted)? I am the Dilbert of bow ties.

IMO, a bow tie must be a self tied one, not one of those stiff wedding party ones. And if it goes a bit tippy, that's just part of the charm.

Seriously, though, there is a product females use for keeping things in place. It's two-sided fabric tape. Helps the unmentionables from becoming mentionable. Perhaps that might work?

Hey thanks for sharing!:o

Thanks, Miss G and Epicureangirl. Between the unmentionable tape and the head tilt, I'm pretty confident now about about the bow tie.

[emoji41]

I’m glad to be of assistance! I’m sure you will look dapper in your evening attire. I love bow ties. To me it is traditional, elegant and fun — all things that are hard to portray intentionally together! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums