What Happens if a No Show, Does Solo get Double Credits?

cruzsnooze

I would think only if you officially cancel your cabinmate and rejigger the booking to read as a solo fare with the single supplement. If you just let her be a no-show technically you still only paid the double occupancy rate for yourself.

I don't use insurance , I self Insure. I am looking for a definitive answer as to whether I will get 2 cruise credits. Unfortunately calling Princess is not a definitive answer since if you call three different times you can get 3 different answers.

Has anyone has this scenario and did you get 2 cruise credits?

"IF" / when you book the cruise, make sure you take the insurance for the cancel for any reason

If you notify last minute then only thing that will be refunded would be the Port Fees/Taxes on your roommate.

Just wondering---how are either of these facts helpful to the OP in their quest to finagle two cruise credits for themself if their cabinmate blows them off? :confused:

I merely wished to let the OP know of any refunds that were possible. It is a point of information that they may wish to know. Their cabin mate also may have a legitimate reason for having to cancel last minute and not necessarily deciding just not to go. If the Op can still receive the cruise credits, that is wonderful.

If you only pay a single fare you will probably only get a single credit. If your GF is a no show at the last minute the other booking in that cabin will still be in her name. Doubt you will get her credit.

Actually in the penalty phase her name can be removed up until 2 days prior to sailing. Last minute to me meant the final weeks after final payment because a no show wouldn't happen between friends. Would that give me solo status to get the 2 cruise credits? Although it's of no value to Princess I will have paid the entire fare for both of us on my credit card but I don't think that enters the criteria for Princess.

If you book as a solo, you get two cruise credits. If you book as a double-occupancy and the other person cancels or is a no-show, you get one cruise credit. It’s based on how you book and pay for your passage.

Exactly. It has to be booked as a solo to get 2 credits. Edited to add: Just cancel her off the booking and it's a solo booking, thus earning you 2 credits and possibly a little refund (depending on how close you are to the sail date).

I just called Princess and they said I would get 2 credits. I know if I call again I might get another answer. If it's more then 48 hours in advance of sailing then I can remove the second name thus making it a solo booking. The Princess rep said if it didn't get credited to call the loyalty number and they would fix it.

So now I am going to book a cruise with a GF who isn't sure she can get off . I'm ok going solo since I'll see her where the cruise ends in Canada before flying home with ezair.

I got 2x when my wife canceled because our daughter was sick. It was a 1 night cruise and I called the night before when it became obvious that our daughter was too sick to go..(we were first time parents, she was teething). Anyway, didn't want to lose out completely. Also got all the port taxes and fees back. Just call them before and after if it isn't correct.

Wife got to go on her own vacation a few weeks later for those that are curious.

I got 2x when my wife canceled because our daughter was sick. It was a 1 night cruise and I called the night before when it became obvious that our daughter was too sick to go..(we were first time parents, she was teething). Anyway, didn't want to lose out completely. Also got all the port taxes and fees back. Just call them before and after if it isn't correct.

Wife got to go on her own vacation a few weeks later for those that are curious.

Thank you for a first hand experience, now I know to believe Princess when they told me YES I get two credits.