Taku 5 glacier and feast

skrufy

Yes, this gets rave reviews. I have done this. But, my preferences is flying, not just a transit for food. :) (I have my priority for those too). So, for me, it's costly, and too short for what I prefer. So, I don't repeat this particular tour like I would others.

We enjoyed it. We got to fly over glaciers, land and take off twice on water, see a bear being a bear, take a short walk with a guide and have a salmon lunch. I would have enjoyed it even without the lunch. The narration was taped and should have been clearer. One person will be able to sit up front with the pilot. Now when we watch the Juneau harbor webcam in summer we can see “our plane” taking off for Taku Glacier Lodge or a similar itinerary.

This excursion ranks as one of my faves. The king salmon was caught the day before and the ice for our tea came from the nearby glacier. They do offer chicken for those who don't eat salmon. Keep an eye out for the bears who like to clean the grill while you are dining.

Here are my pics:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/juneau-2/taku-lodge/

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, this gets rave reviews. I have done this. But, my preferences is flying, not just a transit for food. :) (I have my priority for those too). So, for me, it's costly, and too short for what I prefer. So, I don't repeat this particular tour like I would others.

So do you have another suggestion for just flying?

I experienced this excursion July, 2017 and am very glad that I did decide to book it. Fully met my expectations--and more! Very pleasant and helpful staff members, a delicious lunch, but the highlight of the tour was the visit by the bear.