Anthem - Table for Two ?

Junebug08

Hubby and I sailing on Anthem in March and have My Time Dining .

Will we be seated with other guests or can we request a table for 2 ?

Just make a reservation for a table for 2 for every night. Based on recent experience I now always make reservations for MTD - wait times w/o reservations can be long.

Sure, you can have a table for 2. You may even be able to slip a sheet of paper between your table and the one next to it.

Just kidding ... kinda...

Obviously not that close to each other, but they are crowded. Random internet picture to illustrate follows (believe it's from Independence of the Seas):

DiningRoom-IMG_8386.JPG

Sure, you can have a table for 2. You may even be able to slip a sheet of paper between your table and the one next to it.

Obviously not that close to each other, but they are crowded. Random internet picture to illustrate follows (believe it's from Independence of the Seas):

DiningRoom-IMG_8386.JPG

True enough. Often ending up having conversations with the table next to us. But even that little separation makes it so you don't feel like you have to if you don't want to. ;p

Ha ha I figured if there were tables for 2 they’d be close . No secret sharing for sure lol

On anthem in the main dining room not MTD the tables are really close, you are lucky if you could squeeze between and most of them are for 2 or 4 persons, DH and I asked to be seated at larger table but was put a a table for 2. They missed the boat on the dynamic dinning arrangements when they designed the ships. Hence less dining space overall for Classic Dining at either early or late seating. Anthem is not my ship of choice. Overall too many staterooms ($$$$$$$) and too little public spaces which are doing double or triple duty. StateRoom layouts are the only good thing the ship has to offer.

On Independence the tables for 2 are very close to the other tables for 2 most of the time. A few times we spoke with those next to us, but be ready to pretty much be eating with other people. I don't mind that at all. I enjoy meeting the new people but its a little awkward because its a separate table yet so close too.

I made a reservation every night at the same time except for two nights and in the last 5-nights that were all at the same time we got the same table area and same waiter, which was nice.

On Anthem most of the tables for two (MTD) are right next to each other...however we managed to get one along a wall and it was very nice...only people behind us but they were actually a nice distance away...worked out well for us.

Anthem's My Time Dining allows you to dine with whoever you want. You can absolutely request a table for two and won't have to be seated with other guests. You'll have more flexibility with where you sit if you arrive when they're not as crowded (before 5:30 or after 8) if you're looking to get a window seat, booth, etc. Still, the main dining rooms can be crowded, so if you're looking for an intimate experience, you might want to consider a specialty restaurant. We loved Chop's Grill and Wonderland!

Good Luck!