Carnival requests

3rdteacher

i am returning to Carnival after cruising with another line. We will be sailing on the Conquest. After reading current reviews I fear Carnival’s standards are not the same. If you are a Carnival patron please share your thoughts. Some reviews saw the dining experience and entertainment are not good.

There is no cruise line that will have 100% positive feedback. Best you can of is read the information that is already readily available and make an informed decision.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Couldn't agree more.... You will find both pluses and negatives. You said you've cruised Carnival before but didn't say since which date. Yes, there has been some cutbacks/eliminations of prior amenities and services from years past. But the basic core hasn't varied or changed much since I started cruising with carnival in the late 90's.

It’s all about what you value, what you want to pay, and what bar you set. If you go to Texas Roadhouse expecting Ruth’s Chris steaks, you might be disappointed. I believe Carnival provides a good value for the money. It enables me to go on more cruises than a higher priced line. But I also don’t care about higher end things. So I’m not going to judge someone who goes on Celebrity because its food is better. Just all depends on what you want out of a cruise and are willing to,pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i am returning to Carnival after cruising with another line. We will be sailing on the Conquest. After reading current reviews I fear Carnival’s standards are not the same.

It would help to know what other cruise line you have been cruising on for comparison. We have been sailing on Carnival since 1999. (10 cruises). From that time, they have eliminated the chocolates on the pillows, you have to ask for ice and robes, make a choice of morning, night or both for cabin cleaning, no table cloths except for elegant night. Formal night is now elegant night where fewer people dress up. Steak houses have been added to most of the ships where you pay more for a higher quality and size of food. You can now buy a Cheers package where everyone over 21 in your cabin must buy it if one does. It gives you 15 drinks a day. Those that have bought it say it saves them money if they drink that many drinks a day.

We are not foodies to speak. We haven't noticed that much difference in the food since we started cruising. The only thing we did notice is that the shrimp in the shrimp cocktails are more like salad shrimp now compared to years past. They use to put a basket of breads on each table. Now they come around with a basket and you pick what you want. The butter is now whipped instead of frozen like a rock.

Not much island music anymore. That's one thing we miss. Now it's DJs blaring music. Now most of the ships have the Megatron TV screen on the Lido Deck. Some like it, some don't. We rarely go to the shows so I can't speak for them. The few that we have went to were entertaining.

We sailed the Conquest out of NOLA in 2003 when she was new. We just sailed her again last year. She seemed just as good now and she did when she was new.

Food is still ok but entertainment has gone downhill.

They used to have excellent production shows but now playlist shows are inferior.

Have added more comedy shows which are good.

Less professional entertainment in main lounge with cruisers supplying two nights of entertainment via love and marriage game and than lyp sync.

No more flyon entertainers except for journey cruises.

People always ask me which cruise line is my favorite as I am an avid cruiser. My answer is always that I have had amazing vacations on all of the lines. Isn’t that the point? Food a little better here, entertainment different/better over there, but generally all focused on me having an enjoyable time without having to work, cook, clean and be entertained, served, and out if my day to day element.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i am returning to Carnival after cruising with another line. We will be sailing on the Conquest. After reading current reviews I fear Carnival’s standards are not the same. If you are a Carnival patron please share your thoughts. Some reviews saw the dining experience and entertainment are not good.

Hi

It seems that you are booked, so unless you are prepared to cancel because of some bad reviews, you will be able to do your own assessment. This is usually the best way to go.

Personally, I have enjoyed all my Carnival cruises, but then again, I have enjoyed all my other cruises as well.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I sailed the Conquest the end of October going into November. I had an absolutely wonderful time. My tenth cruise with Carnival. It was amazing. Piano bar had a gentleman that had been on American Idol and he was spectacular. Really enjoyed ourselves. Food was fantastic never wanted for anything. I really hope you gave a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's all about expectations.

My wife and I took a 3-day cruise in December on Liberty - her first cruise ever, my first in over a decade. We did not have any particular expectations, and we had a blast!

But, we didn't go see any shows, which we might have done on a longer cruise, so we cannot judge.

If you go into this expecting to be disappointed, looking for flaws, you will find them (as with anything). Just relax, plan to enjoy yourself with whatever comes along, and you will be fine!