Closed toed shoes..Chef's Table..

bobjer17

Yes, closed-toe flat shoes are best [emoji4]:

Does The Chef’s Table have specific attire requirements?

We know you want to look your best from head to toe, but when it comes to dining at The Chef’s Table, not all shoes are created equal! Please only wear closed-toe flat shoes that aren’t prone to slipping, since the experience involves a tour through the galley — a fully-functional, professional kitchen environment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, closed-toe flat shoes are best [emoji4]:

Does The Chef’s Table have specific attire requirements?

We know you want to look your best from head to toe, but when it comes to dining at The Chef’s Table, not all shoes are created equal! Please only wear closed-toe flat shoes that aren’t prone to slipping, since the experience involves a tour through the galley — a fully-functional, professional kitchen environment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It certainly does have a tour and includes walking over some grates as well. That said, I highly recommend the CT. Which ship are you going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I did the Chef's Table a few years ago on the Valor and we received no instructions regarding the type of shoes to wear. I wore dressy sandals and no one said anything about it. Maybe there are restrictions now, but not then.

Beach, what night was the was was your Chef's Table? We are booked for CT on our cruise (leaving in 1 week!), and I still haven't been able to convince anyone at Carnival to tell me what night it will be held on!

Thanks!

It was Dec. 5, a Tuesday night. We went by the steakhouse after we boarded and asked when it would be. I don't think there's a way to determine what night it will be held before boarding. There were at least two Chef's Tables on that cruise.

Beach, what night was the was was your Chef's Table? We are booked for CT on our cruise (leaving in 1 week!), and I still haven't been able to convince anyone at Carnival to tell me what night it will be held on!

Thanks!

Jen- I believe that most of the larger ships have several Chef's Table offerings... I believe they finalize it once everyone's on board and they know the number. That's why they don't usually tell in advance, which is a bummer! Makes it hard to plan other activities!

But enjoy your cruise and enjoy Chef's Table! Be sure to come back and tell us all about it! (including pics would be awesome!)

Does anyone know if we are required to wear closed toed shoes because of visit to galley? I have done ship tours where we were required to wear closed toed shoes because of visiting the galley.

We enjoyed Chef's Table on Vista Transatlantic. Since we were dressed like it was Elegant Night, though it wasn't, the ladies, including me, all wore fancy heels (sandals).

We were not informed ahead of time that closed toes shoes were required so we didn't pack any.

Even in land-based restaurants, you shouldn't see any open-toed shoes. Not just a matter of safety, but it could be a violation of health codes, as well...of course, depending on the particular jurisdiction.

I own a restaurant. This is a ridiculous statement. There is no such health code. In the summer everyone wears sandals. As to Chef's Table my wife wore dressy sandals, no comments. The Behind the Fun does require closed toed shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Chef’s Table on Liberty in August, and there was no closed-toe shoe requirement for the kitchen tour portion. Most of the women wore nice sandals and dressed as if it were Cruise Elegant night. Also, our menu was different from the one posted by Willdra - I believe ours is the older menu. Still fantastic though!