Gray Prime Rib On Inspiration 🤢

wizfourfam

WHY would it turn your stomach? It’s well done prime rib. Prime rib never has char marks it’s slow roasted in an oven. You were given two well done pieces. Well done prime rib is gray. It’s quite clear you do t understand how it’s cooked. This isn’t a thread worthy topic.

I have been told before that the options for prime rib are medium-rare or medium-well. I order medium well and it usually has little to no pink. Medium rare is pink.

It's not gross, it's just what happens to beef when you cook it. I've also been served overcooked meat on occasion since I ask for medium well, but as long as it is still tender and juicy I don't care. If it's too hard to chew I either order something else or get something from Lido after. Not a big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This could have...and SHOULD have...been easily remedied on board. You could have asked for a new prime rib, or a completely different entree and it would have been fixed right then and there. Complaining about it here accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Absolute crap, I own a restaurant, if you worked in a restaurant and saw a cook mishandling food, it would not be tolerated. This is an old wives tale, no reputable restaurant mishandles food, your financial life depends on your restaurants quality.

I agree with coevan- if it's not a reputable restaurant, not well managed or if you were a totally over-the-top obnoxious guest, I could see being a bit concerned about what happened to my meal. But at a decent restaurant, with good staff I would never be worried.

My son-in-law manages a local restaurant and often tells horror stories about other restaurants he's worked in, and what cooks or servers have done to food- I always respond that nasty people will do nasty things no matter what, and if they'd do that when you return your food, they'd do it BEFORE they serve the food too, and that's just a restaurant to stay away from!

We were asked if everything was ok with our meal (steak not eaten), 🤢🤢. Totally disappointing and made us real leery of all our meals.

What did the person do to try and fix the problem when they asked and heard disappointment? Hope the rest of your cruise was fun.

The worst steak that I ever got on a ship was Lasagna. Ordered steak and when they put the plate down in front of me, there sat Lasagna. It wasn't that big of a deal so I just ate it. I'm not a fussy eater.

That sounds about right for the MDR (y)

I agree with coevan- if it's not a reputable restaurant, not well managed or if you were a totally over-the-top obnoxious guest, I could see being a bit concerned about what happened to my meal. But at a decent restaurant, with good staff I would never be worried.

My son-in-law manages a local restaurant and often tells horror stories about other restaurants he's worked in, and what cooks or servers have done to food- I always respond that nasty people will do nasty things no matter what, and if they'd do that when you return your food, they'd do it BEFORE they serve the food too, and that's just a restaurant to stay away from!

I worked in a few different restaurants in my younger days and never saw or heard of anyone doing something bad to food even if the customer was very difficult. Not saying it never happens but probably not as much as people who haven't worked in restaurants seem to think.

WHY would it turn your stomach? It’s well done prime rib. Prime rib never has char marks it’s slow roasted in an oven. You were given two well done pieces. Well done prime rib is gray. It’s quite clear you do t understand how it’s cooked. This isn’t a thread worthy topic.

Thanks for your thoughtful response

If the meat is grey, it's likely been "steamed" which means it spent too long under that plastic cover they use. I would have sent it back, doesn't take them long to pull another one off the line

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this. I have wondered why the majority of prime rib I've ordered on Carnival AND Royal Caribbean has always been gray. It was the most unnatural color for meat I have ever seen. I finally stopped ordering it for dinner.

I worked in a few different restaurants in my younger days and never saw or heard of anyone doing something bad to food even if the customer was very difficult. Not saying it never happens but probably not as much as people who haven't worked in restaurants seem to think.

I have to agree, especially when it comes to large companies. When I worked at a popular fast food burger joint, I got yelled at by management for using my clean, gloved hands to handle frozen onion rings instead of tongs when placing them into the deep fryer. Messing around with a customer's food would have had me fired in an instant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can order more than one entree?

We normally order one for me, one for her, and one from the something different menu for us to try and split. 3 total. Learned that from a Diamond couple we sat with.

You can order more than one entree?

Yes, mix it up. Some people order three appetizers and dessert and call it a night. The pasta entrees can also be served as a starter portion and we often order that and then a full entree. Adults can order anything from the children's menu as well.