Equinox

jgd3rdbcfd

We love the Equinox and her sister ship Reflection. Have never been on Princess and don't feel the need to give them a try because we are completely satisfied with Celebrity. Food is great, drinks and service are always great too. We generally stay in a suite to get even more specialized attention. If I had to give a negative about Equinox it's that they have one fewer specialty restaurant than the other S-class ships and a Gastro bar instead of a wine bar.

If I had to give a negative about Equinox it's that they have one fewer specialty restaurant than the other S-class ships and a Gastro bar instead of a wine bar.

Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse have four specialty restaurants each [Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest and Sushi On 5 on Solstice and Equinox, Murano, Tuscan Grille, Qsine and Sushi On 5 on Eclipse]... The last two of the five Solstice-Class ships--Silhouette and Reflection--added a fifth specialty restaurant [Lawn Club Grill] in the space that is used for the Corning Hot Glass Show on Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse...

My wife and I are considering sailing on her. We are elite with Princess and have sailed RCCL 8 times. Can anyone give us some guidance as to their experience? First time with Celebrity.

only sailing Celebrity now. Royal only with our grandkids. Azamara is too relaxed. With Celebrity there is a lot to do, the service is amazing and the same regarding the food.

Mid 30's here. Did a 10 nighter on her last May. Easily the best cruise, best service, best food I have had on a cruise ship. While the majority of cruisers were older than us, they would often hang until at least midnight or 1 a.m. Unless there was an early morning arrival at a port and excursions were early. Of course you did have some folks party at the one late night spot but some areas would block off I am guessing due to potential noise.

Funny enough if I had to nitpick about it, I would say the speciality restaurants were really good but I would of been perfectly fine saving that money and eating in the MDR because the food there was also really good as was the service.

Good size ship really. Thinking about doing the Mardi Gras cruise with the double overnight in New Orleans in the next few years on Celebrity. They really left a good impression in all phases.

As much as I like trying other lines based on itineraries and price/value, as I approach 40 in the next few years I think Celebrity will likely be my go to line.

My wife and I are considering sailing on her. We are elite with Princess and have sailed RCCL 8 times. Can anyone give us some guidance as to their experience? First time with Celebrity.

We are elite on Princess and D+ on Royal. Looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise in a few weeks. From what I have been reading and have experienced so far, I am looking forward to being impressed!

I also agree with another poster, that the experience will be more like Princess, but I would say it will be a step up from Princess. If you have some specific questions let us know!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are elite on Princess and D+ on Royal. Looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise in a few weeks. From what I have been reading and have experienced so far, I am looking forward to being impressed!

Hopefully you realize that you are Elite on Celebrity because you are D+ on Royal. If not, call the CC to establish your membership and status.

I also agree that Celebrity is a step up from Princess and their cabins, especially on the S Class ships, are much nicer to boot. And it is two steps up from RCCL, although Royal does have some beautiful and well maintained ships. I mainly wasn't real impressed with RCCL for all their lines, lines, lines for everything and their food was mediocre, at best.

We have sailed on Celebrity a dozen times and have twice that many on Princess. While I like Princess a lot, I absolutely love Celebrity!! I just feel a lot more spoiled on Celebrity whereas nobody personally does anything out of the ordinary to recognize our loyalty on Princess. Maybe one day ... ????

However, Princess has a lot more generous policy for bringing your own nice wines onboard. Also, Princess is a lot less restrictive with their policies on purchasing future cruise credits and stacking perks and promotions.

Just of note, if I only had a couple more cruises on RCCL to reach Diamond status, I would do so before booking with Celebrity just so I could enjoy the elite perks that they offer. I waited to reach elite on Celebrity before traveling on RCCL to enjoy those Diamond benefits. Hey ....that's just my opinion, though.

• 1 month later...
only sailing Celebrity now. Royal only with our grandkids. Azamara is too relaxed. With Celebrity there is a lot to do, the service is amazing and the same regarding the food.

:cool::cool:yeah but do they have any good bars where folks can get a good drink and be entertained? Like a martini bar for instance?