Can solo cruiser take 2 bottles of wine?

CRUISERMOMX3

Another stupid question, but as a first time solo cruiser, I'm wondering if I have to pay double for my phantom cabin mate, can I take 2 bottles of wine with me. :o

as stated the rule is one, however, my guess is if you bring two, they will think the person in front of you or behind you could be with you, so you can probably get away with it

Where are you sailing from? We sailed from Puerto Rico, and there's a liquor store right across the street. We each brought on a bottle of wine, dropped it off in our room, then got off the ship and got another one. They don't keep track of who brings what, just what you're bringing on at that specific moment.

Another stupid question, but as a first time solo cruiser, I'm wondering if I have to pay double for my phantom cabin mate, can I take 2 bottles of wine with me. :o

As a solo cruiser myself I love how you think . . .

I would guess, that since we pay DOUBLE we should be allowed that DOUBLE embarkation wine allowance. Very creative. :D

I am sure it depends on what port and what person is on duty that day. My experience recently has been in new orleans and mobile. All 4 times in new orleans when they xrayed my carry on they have said go to next table for your wine. Hubby has never stopped with me there and they have never questioned me about the second bottle. In mobile recently they xrayed my bag and never said a word about stopping by the table . I could have had anything in those bottles.

A few times I did. How would security know if you are traveling solo? Bags continually go through the scanner.

However, I don't do it anymore. With the Cheers program, I no longer find it necessary and ended up leaving the wine I brought on in the cabin at the end of the cruise.:D

I am sure it depends on what port and what person is on duty that day. My experience recently has been in new orleans and mobile. All 4 times in new orleans when they xrayed my carry on they have said go to next table for your wine. Hubby has never stopped with me there and they have never questioned me about the second bottle. In mobile recently they xrayed my bag and never said a word about stopping by the table . I could have had anything in those bottles.

I am not one to break the rules, but this has been my experience too. I do as I am told and go to the table to check my drinks and wine. I have carried on multiple bottles for the people going with me and we do not all meet at the table. I have never had more than allotted, if I had to prove the number was legit, but I had not had any questions about the number I had. Last summer, my friends 17 year old son, who looks 14, got stuck rolling my cooler with a couple of bottles of wine and soda, right past the table where they check. I was checking in another cooler at the time and had handed mine over to the next adult in line with us. My cooler that time was never checked and I see many people leaving the scanners and walking right past the liquor and soft drink table. We leave out of Galveston mostly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Practically speaking, if you were to board with a bottle of wine, leave it in your cabin, disembark, obtain a second bottle of wine, and re- board, I doubt anyone would notice.

I have never tried this except in San Juan, where they never seemed to care how much alcohol I brought, and there was a liquor store just off the gangway.

Just don't bring on two bottles at the same time.

Where are you sailing from? We sailed from Puerto Rico, and there's a liquor store right across the street. We each brought on a bottle of wine, dropped it off in our room, then got off the ship and got another one. They don't keep track of who brings what, just what you're bringing on at that specific moment.

Sailing from Port Canaveral so probably not an option. Great idea though.