Jade - Italy and Greece October 2019

cocosmum

Just straining to research a trip to Europe Sept / Oct 2019 and have found a cruise which I really like.

NCL - Jade. Rome to Rome (14 days) and covers Venice, Florence, Santorini, Mykonos, Atehns etc. etc.

My question is, would it be starting to get too cold at that time? I know it's towards the end of the season but is it still a good time to cruise in the Med???

Also, looking at a balcony cabin so any advise on which decks are better than others would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just straining to research a trip to Europe Sept / Oct 2019 and have found a cruise which I really like.

NCL - Jade. Rome to Rome (14 days) and covers Venice, Florence, Santorini, Mykonos, Atehns etc. etc.

My question is, would it be starting to get too cold at that time? I know it's towards the end of the season but is it still a good time to cruise in the Med???

Also, looking at a balcony cabin so any advise on which decks are better than others would be appreciated. Thanks.

We are booked on this cruise and weather was my concern also. I have been in Italy in May and it was HOT so I am hoping it will be a little cooler for sightseeing.

We have quite and active roll call going already so if you decide to book come join us. I believe we are already at 29 members and over 600 days out.

Come on over and take a look at the group that think the weather just might be ok. Or at least doable.We have a great group started for this cruise. You will see that the happenin' place is on deck 10. If you see a balcony cabin there to your liking.. friends won't be far away.

Here is the link to our roll call and spreadsheet. As Nancy (TSUmom) has said we are over 600 days out and have some tours planned already...come and have a look. :D

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2576178

I’ve been on a similar itinerary, well not this good, but med two week in May and September/October. May was brutal heat but rain in Venice. September/October was a little better but still hot. Of course one can’t predict but I think this very port intensive sailing is ideal time of year wise and really fun ports.

It’s certainly priced right- I don’t think the pricing has gone up yet. Also has a great perk package with the free at sea and distinctive perk, combinable with the free at sea. Also obc. I’d at least hedge a deposit. I think it’s going to be a popular sailing and pricing will likely be going up as bookings increase.

Also agree on deck 10 aft. It’s looking like a large group cc charter back there! It’s a really nice location and would be nice to have most of your neighbors in your roll call. The great outdoors is just upstairs two decks and a great place to enjoy breakfast.

Edited by littlelulu01

Thanks everyone. We're planning on leaving New Zealand in September and having 4 weeks in England, France and Northern Italy before the cruise so I think the October departure date will be a good choice for us. Previously cruised with Carnival - Sth Pacific, Mexico and Caribbean so NCL will be quite a change. Have never signed up for roll call before either - looks like fun though!! Will give it a go :-)

Thanks everyone. We're planning on leaving New Zealand in September and having 4 weeks in England, France and Northern Italy before the cruise so I think the October departure date will be a good choice for us. Previously cruised with Carnival - Sth Pacific, Mexico and Caribbean so NCL will be quite a change. Have never signed up for roll call before either - looks like fun though!! Will give it a go :-)

Excellent! We're booked on this cruise too and are happy to have a very active roll call thread. See you there.

We have been to the Mediterranean a few times at the same time as you are considering and the weather has been good to fantastic. There are still crowds but not as bad as peak season.

This is what I was hoping to hear - I know weather is unpredictable but less crowded will be great!

You guys have been so helpful, many thanks.

Nearly ready to book but have one more question please regarding the 'free at sea' offers. We enjoy a wine and a beer so will definitely go for the drinks package and I can live without wifi. So - dining package or $50 credit towards excursions in each port?? We may not do an official cruise excursion in every port as sometimes we just want to wander around or arrange something ourselves so not sure we would make full use of that. Then again, it would be a savings if we do book something. Maybe I'm overthinking!!!! Thoughts?

You guys have been so helpful, many thanks.

Nearly ready to book but have one more question please regarding the 'free at sea' offers. We enjoy a wine and a beer so will definitely go for the drinks package and I can live without wifi. So - dining package or $50 credit towards excursions in each port?? We may not do an official cruise excursion in every port as sometimes we just want to wander around or arrange something ourselves so not sure we would make full use of that. Then again, it would be a savings if we do book something. Maybe I'm overthinking!!!! Thoughts?

the $50 shore excursion is per port and cant be combined so you lose if don't book in each port

and we find NCL excursions so overpriced a $50 discount is still more than DIY or private

definitely go for dining package IMO

We went on the Jade in February and it was fine weatherwise... in some ways better than fine because it was low season for tourists. Expect October/November similar.

Do the dining package, no-brainer: much cheaper to book shore-ex independently as Fn40s says.

Free at Sea UBP comes with hefty gratuity that you have to pay. In order to justify it for me, I'd have to get completely trashed every day. I'd rather spend that money on shorex, or some nice scotch to sip at home. And since my better half doesn't drink, it makes it so much of a worse deal.

I picked dining package, and we are all happy with it.

Free at Sea UBP comes with hefty gratuity that you have to pay. In order to justify it for me, I'd have to get completely trashed every day. I'd rather spend that money on shorex, or some nice scotch to sip at home. And since my better half doesn't drink, it makes it so much of a worse deal.

I picked dining package, and we are all happy with it.

it depends on which country to you book in

in UK no additional gratuity payable

but even booking via USA and paying gratuity even if you drink just 2/3 drinks a day can break even

We nearly always book independently especially when we see ridiculous prices for NCL shore excurions

but isn't that what the choose your perk is all about?

it depends on which country to you book in

in UK no additional gratuity payable

but even booking via USA and paying gratuity even if you drink just 2/3 drinks a day can break even

We nearly always book independently especially when we see ridiculous prices for NCL shore excurions

but isn't that what the choose your perk is all about?

I am in USA and it came out to like 350 bucks for my last cruise. I don't drink $350 worth of liquor on any cruise. Last one I did was with Princess. Get chummy with bartender and you get some drinks free. They happen to like when you treat them as human beings and not just a drink dispenser.

I am in USA and it came out to like 350 bucks for my last cruise. I don't drink $350 worth of liquor on any cruise. Last one I did was with Princess. Get chummy with bartender and you get some drinks free. They happen to like when you treat them as human beings and not just a drink dispenser.

that is a lot

our next cruise was booked via US travel agent so we paid the beverage service charge which was 213 dollars for a 15 day cruise-works out at 14 dollars a day