Once again...RIDICULOUS prices from Celebrity Cruise Lines!

teecee60

What category cabin did you have and did you book before or after final payment? If it was after, how long after?

We had a booking on last fall’s Connie cruise (we ended up cancelling it) but before taxes (which are steep on this cruise) we had a balcony for $799 cdn pp. booked about 11 months in advance.

We had a booking on last fall’s Connie cruise (we ended up cancelling it) but before taxes (which are steep on this cruise) we had a balcony for $799 cdn pp. booked about 11 months in advance.

Thanks. Taxes and fees are USD $321 for April. I guess that's due to the Suez transit? That adds a big chuck on to the quoted cruise fare.

What category cabin did you have and did you book before or after final payment? If it was after, how long after?

It was inside cabin , but it was above The buffet , so we just walk down the stairs to our balcony at sunset bar :D

We book in July and cruise was in April , the price never went lower

It was inside cabin , but it was above The buffet , so we just walk down the stairs to our balcony at sunset bar :D

We book in July and cruise was in April , the price never went lower

There are still 240 staterooms available for April so I can see the current prices dropping further.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And we Aussies can only look and weep. Ah, we know we pay way more than do people from other countries, but that's just cruel. Sigh.

This Canadian here weeps at these prices too. The Canadian $ exchange hits hard.

Double sigh! :(

Believe me when I say...we Aussies would love to see those prices!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You know Australians can book with Celebrity and RCL in the US. Contact any of the big agencies. Have to factor in taxes (which are add ons in the US) plus foreign currency conversion. We have a card which does not charge foreign currency conversion fees (this can incur a 3% fee with some banks) and it works for us every time.

You know Australians can book with Celebrity and RCL in the US. Contact any of the big agencies. Have to factor in taxes (which are add ons in the US) plus foreign currency conversion. We have a card which does not charge foreign currency conversion fees (this can incur a 3% fee with some banks) and it works for us every time.

Hey Kobecat.....Often think of you and your friends on our Egypt cruise. We're the ones who had to pretend to be Aussies as Americans weren't too welcome during that time. It was a fabulous trip and we hope we'll run into you guys again someday.

Sandy & Bruce

Hey Kobecat.....Often think of you and your friends on our Egypt cruise. We're the ones who had to pretend to be Aussies as Americans weren't too welcome during that time. It was a fabulous trip and we hope we'll run into you guys again someday.

Sandy & Bruce

What a great time we had! Especially the return trip from Cairo to Alexandria. [emoji15] we still talk about that one. We've done lots more Celebrity (and other) cruises since then but have never seen you. I'll keep looking.

Beryl

The point, given by someone who has cruised many, many times since the early 1990's, (mostly on Celebrity) is that in recent years cruise prices on Celebrity have risen considerably. And by considerably I may way above inflation, even with consideration given to any perks which may be included (nothing is really 'free' despite what some people seem to think based on some comments I see on these boards). It is not a point as to whether there is or is not a good value to what you are receiving. Obviously I think there is or I wouldn't have 36 Celebrity cruises under my belt. But the sharp upswing in prices on the vast majority of their cruises has many of us loyal Celebrity cruisers frustrated if nothing else, particularly when one considers that during the last few years quite a number of cuts have been made to service, entertainment and so on.

I'd be nothing but a fool to say that I enjoy paying more and getting less, even if I think overall it is still a good value for the money.

Have been cruising for a while and agree entertainment service has diminished. Perks have been reduced a lot. Currently on 14 night to Antarctica and only 3 production shows with lots of days at sea too many for me. First cruised in 1999 and every night except 1 or 2 had live shows with singers and dancers now you are getting single entertainers with celebrity band back up just does not have the wow factor we loved when starting cruising. Also and this is a comment for production of both Celebrity and Royal when you are putting shows together I am finding they are not hiring the right singers for the rolls more not the right person as in voice what is going on?. Are they struggling to find good singers?

As far as free perks like wifi and drinks who are they fooling its just been added to the price which for me is a problem do not drink that much would rather have a better price.

Those price are up, did the Conny repoistioning last April for $608

Teecee Which TA did you book ?

Haven't booked for fall yet, but there's a great deal on a 21 night B2B on Rhapsody from Venice for $1019pp. :cool:

This has to be the greatest deal of all time. 10 day cruise, in a Sky Suite, with the “Best” Package, and the obc is $7 more than you paid for the cruise.

I am pretty sure that quote of $374pp is PER NIGHT. Reflection, Sky Suite, with all perks? Think about it... ;)

Haven't booked for fall yet, but there's a great deal on a 21 night B2B on Rhapsody from Venice for $1019pp. :cool:

I am pretty sure that quote of $374pp is PER NIGHT. Reflection, Sky Suite, with all perks? Think about it... ;)

I didn’t give it a second thought. I’m under the impression that everything posted is the god’s honest truth. I thought everybody proof read their post before hitting submit.

It never seems to end! Just how greedy can the those vile, corporate money grubbers get?!?

14 night Reflection 13 April...$879pp (inside) $976pp (OV) $1121pp (balcony) with $50 OBC:)

15 night Eclipse 15 April... $749pp (inside) $1099pp (OV) $1099pp (balcony0 with $175 OBC:D

13 night Silhouette 15 April....$599pp (inside) $774pp (OV) $839pp (balcony) with $150 OBC :eek:

Those prices actually sound pretty good!

Just did the Nov TA on the Rhapsody , and a good time

Enjoy the stops in the Canary island but the ship was crap , it reminded me of a 2-1/2 star resort in Cuba

I will try to stay away from RCL

The crew was saying the Rhapsody should be sold with in the year

Any suggestions where I can look for best deals for a solo cabin. Even though I usually travel with friends I opt for my own cabin. I think we even had a drink at the Martini Bar once on the Silhouette a few years back.

Norma