Harmony Shows

hurls88

You should be able to reserve all entertainment and dining about 90 days or so before sailing. It may depend on your C&A status though. I definitely recommend reserving ahead of time on any cruise. If you don't you have to wait in a standby line and may not get in.

cruising in July and read that ship is so overcrowded that shows are always full and need to reserve seating. How do you reserve seats and has anyone else experienced this. Thanks

You reserve by using your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

You should be able to reserve all entertainment and dining about 90 days or so before sailing. It may depend on your C&A status though. I definitely recommend reserving ahead of time on any cruise. If you don't you have to wait in a standby line and may not get in.

Ok thank you. A lot has changed since last RCCL cruise

Just so there’s no confusion. You are only reserving space in the theatre, not a specific seat. If you want a good seat you still need to show up 20-30 minutes early.

Ok but if you don’t reserve you could show up that early and still no seat?

The water shows in the Aqua Theater are amazing and something you won't see on any other class ship (at least not that I've been on). We were on a back to back on Harmony and went to the water show both weeks. You have to get there early enough to get a good seat (especially if you don't want to get wet in the front row), but you're sitting outside, with a drink, and a hot dog, and watching the aft of the ship and the ocean. It's not too shabby.

The theater shows were great too and we didn't have any trouble finding a seat if we got there around 1/2 hour early. But, the water show is something special.

Tom

Be prepared. Grease is a very long show. Too long in my opinion. Aqua show is fantastic as is the Ice Skating show. Comedians on the Harmony (Dec 2017) were not the greatest. Filthy dirty bad racist language from the comedians (not a true comedian in my opinion) - did not impress us at all and we have heard a lot of them. Felt like walking out but they would have cussed us out so we stayed put. Book your shows as soon as they are available as they do sell out (and we heard a lot of complaining at guest services about this). So be prepared and do your homework and you will have a blast.

I have to confess to a different experience. We were on Harmony for the week of New Years, and with the exception of the Fine Line (the major water show), we did not experience any full theaters. And we went to all the shows (two water shows, Grease, Columbus, headliner show and both ice skating shows). The only time they checked our seapass cards for reservations were the Fine Line and Grease, so my guess is that for all the otehr shows you would not have a problem getting seats without a reservation. Yes, you should make reservations, but we only made ours the month before and had no problem getting the shows we wanted. I would agree to get to all shows at least 20 minutes early if you want good seats, but (again, other than Fine Line) if you showed up right on time, you could still find a place to sit, even if it is not prime viewing.

cruising in July and read that ship is so overcrowded that shows are always full and need to reserve seating. How do you reserve seats and has anyone else experienced this. Thanks

Yes you have to reserve the shows other wise you will be in another line which will get in 5 min before the shows.

We sailed on HOTS a couple of weeks ago western itinerary and apart from A Fine Line none of the shows were full.

Although we had reservations for the shows we wanted to see a couple of times we went in the stand by line were admitted about ten minutes before start time and had no problems at all getting into the shows and indeed getting decent seats.

taliho621 I take my wife somewhere different every year for her New Year's Eve birthday. Last year we went to NYC & had tickets to Hamilton. Next year (2018) we are taking a cruise with RCCL. We are taking the New Year's Holiday cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas. I have not been able to find much information as to what a New Year's Eve celebration is like on RCCL cruises. I would greatly appreciate any information you would share. Thank you for your help!