Turning Diamond on cruise experience/Dream

myangel

On the Dream now, and wanted to write my turning Diamond during cruise experience! Embarked on Sunday and “ officially” turned Diamond Today,, 4 nights in!! Was a bucket list item for me! Received my Diamond card upon check in. My husband and I never wear a Lanyard, we have always just kept our card in our back pack or in my small clutch. I did plenty of “ bragging” to my “ lower on the totem pole Platinum😄” hubby in the privacy of our own conversations. We went to our Cabin and there was already waiting for me a really nice leather passport/luggage tag set, a Diamond letter congratulating me. On the letter was the “ use this for your complimentary dinner for 2at the Steakhouse”. We had already made reservations online for the first night not knowing we would get to use it this cruise. We thought we would get the letter by mail after cruise was over. While we did not have to use it this cruise, we did as my husband said my head was so big he wasn’t taking me on another🤣🤣. We also received the invitation from the Captain for brunch on the following day at 12 noon. I was excited for my first one and there were a lot maybe 60 or so people. Our waiter said they do different events for however many Diamond passengers they had + whoever Diamond passengers were brought along. He said this was a big group. It was a really good lunch with a prepared menu with soup or salad, a choice of 2 entree’s to choose from, and dessert of Black Forest chocolate cake. Cocktails were free but it was too early in the day for us ! The choice of entree was either filet mignon which my husband chose or the sea bass/Mahi Mahi which I chose. They were ver,y very good. The captain and one of the officers came to each table ( we were at a table for 2) and snapped a photo from the ship photographer. Not sure were the picture is , think we may have to go to photo area and purchase if we want (?) not sure on that, maybe a seasoned Diamond can comment. I am thrilled to finally become Diamond as it really is an awful long climb from platinum to diamond. Honestly tho, the perks I love are early on early off ship and laundry. The one time Steakhouse was great too!

• Like 1

Congratulations on becoming Diamond! Your photo should be delivered to your cabin. If not, check with Guest Sevices; they may hold them at the photo dept for pick up on a few ships.

We look forward to sailing on Dream again, next month, for a b2b. It's been a few years. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Congratulations on becoming Diamond! Your photo should be delivered to your cabin. If not, check with Guest Sevices; they may hold them at the photo dept for pick up on a few ships.

We look forward to sailing on Dream again, next month, for a b2b. It's been a few years. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks and lucky you, going to take a LONG TIME to get my husband to do a B2B. There are 55 B2B on this sailing! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Update on Brunch photo’s: The 8x10 photo was delivered to our cabin yesterday! Unfortunately I cant keep it because I did not know there would be picture taking, and I looked awful! Next cruise I’ll be sure to look better! 😎

Update on Brunch photo’s: The 8x10 photo was delivered to our cabin yesterday! Unfortunately I cant keep it because I did not know there would be picture taking, and I looked awful! Next cruise I’ll be sure to look better! 😎

You have to keep it! just put it in the back of the scrap book.

Congratulations! This has always been a goal for me too.

I have a question, my PVP told me that on my 25th cruise which will

be coming soon (I'm on #23) that I will receive the Diamond card on the 25th

cruise.

But in order to be "Diamond" you need over 200 cruise days correct?

So will I be classified as Diamond on my 25th cruise or when I get to 200 days?

Also, maybe my PVP meant that I would only receive the Diamond card for

my 25th cruise and then go back to Platinum on my 26th cruise??

I'm so confused.

Thank you,

I have a question' date=' my PVP told me that on my 25th cruise which will

cruise.

I'm so confused.

Thank you,[/quote']

Sailings 25, 50, 75, etc. are "Milestone" cruises on which you'll get a white S&S card with a special Milestone logo but not an actual Diamond S&S card nor Diamond benefits. You still keep your normal status on a Milestone cruise.

• 2 years later...
On 1/27/2018 at 8:02 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:
Riley said:

I have a question' date=' my PVP told me that on my 25th cruise which will

cruise.

I'm so confused.

Thank you,[/quote']

Sailings 25, 50, 75, etc. are "Milestone" cruises on which you'll get a white S&S card with a special Milestone logo but not an actual Diamond S&S card nor Diamond benefits. You still keep your normal status on a Milestone cruise.

On your Milestone cruise you also get 25% off your cruise, be sure to ask your PVP .... we recieved ours last year. We also will turn Diamond on our next cruise in May! 🎉💃🎉

On 1/26/2018 at 8:48 AM, Jamman54 said:

Congrats on becoming Diamond! The Diamond reception with the Captain is our favorite perk. Enjoy! 🆒

Agree, very nice casual event and great opportunity to talk to senior officers, have not been disappointed yet.  Think I may have even done one with you Jeff

• Like 1