7 bottles of wine for $106..worth it or not?

suzyed

The 7 bottleS for $106 dinner wine package.....has anyone gotten it? How were the wines? Is it worth it?

Suzy as I have already posted you can choose your wine from the wine list for a bottle up to $32 or $33 a bottle.

The selection looks reasonable and it’s your taste as to whether the wine is good or not.2c159e8089b11eba6f4c4e05f792bdc7.jpg7094b3a436f7869fd6cc86fa03906bf0.jpg538c0da079d02f207f879c7fd3ffa01b.jpg

That is what it says on the wine package list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know if that is a typo or not, but it's $160 for the package.

No, that is something else.

It is very difficult to discuss this, as the packages are different in the Caribbean and in Europe. I realized in the Caribbean there is no water included, maybe because it is free for all there?

I guess the 106 USD package is the 83 EUR package. In this case you only can choose from MSC "house wines". It is a brand from Sicily (I believe) and the two reds at least in Europe are Merlot and Cabernet,the whites Chardonney and Grillo, Rose I don´t remember.

No, that is something else.

It is very difficult to discuss this, as the packages are different in the Caribbean and in Europe. I realized in the Caribbean there is no water included, maybe because it is free for all there?

I guess the 106 USD package is the 83 EUR package. In this case you only can choose from MSC "house wines". It is a brand from Sicily (I believe) and the two reds at least in Europe are Merlot and Cabernet,the whites Chardonney and Grillo, Rose I don´t remember.

You can see from Nikki's photo that the Your Choice wine package price is $160, which is what's quoted on My Bookings for my Divina cruise. The house wine package is quoted @ $91.

I know how difficult it is to discuss the different packages. However, I'm reasonably familiar with the subject. The 7 bottle wine package for Med cruises is much cheaper than when the currency onboard is USD and it also includes 7 bottles of water. I paid €119 for the wine & water classic package for last September's cruise. However, the wine choices are more limited (though not to house wines - there's a list of wines for the package).

I must admit that I was rather shocked to see how expensive the 7 bottles of wine package is for USD sailings, especially considering that they don't even get bottled water included.

Edited by Beamafar

The 7 bottleS for $106 dinner wine package.....has anyone gotten it? How were the wines? Is it worth it?

Sorry Suzy I thought it was the $160 package you were referring to and same as Bea assumed you had made a typo!

But suzyed asked about the "dinner wine package" which actually is called "Dinner wine" and includes 7 bottles of house wine. So what nikkiw60 posted has nothing to do with it I guess. And as the price is 83 € for caribbean sailings 106 USD sounds realistic.

I have a Caribbean cruise booked and the "dinner wine package" is quoted @ $91 on MyBookings - hence I assumed that the $106 was a typo.

Does anyone remember a famous poster from the 70’s with the quote “Dear Lord please help me to keep my big mouth shut until I know what I am talking about” or words to that effect? Well that is me from now on!!!🤫

And that is aimed at myself btw!

Does anyone remember a famous poster from the 70’s with the quote “Dear Lord please help me to keep my big mouth shut until I know what I am talking about” or words to that effect? Well that is me from now on!!!🤫

And that is aimed at myself btw!

No need to take that stance at all, Nikki. As the wine package that Suzyed is referring to is quoted @ $91 and YourChoice package @ $160, it seemed that the price quoted was a typo.

No need to take that stance at all, Nikki. As the wine package that Suzyed is referring to is quoted @ $91 and YourChoice package @ $160, it seemed that the price quoted was a typo.

I wasn’t taking offence or anything I was just laughing at myself! It’s actually one of my favourite quotes!

Just at face value of less than $16 a bottle( and there seems to be a discrepancy on the actual package price) you're getting wine for beer prices. Unless the wine is absolutely horrendous, undrinkable, I do not see how you could loose. It seems the only issue is: Will be 7 bottles enough?

Cheers.