Allure of the seas docking side......

I Love Diamonds

We have booked the Allure of the Seas for January 13, 2019. As of today we have a portside cabin. We would like our cabin on the side that faces the dock at most of the ports. After searching the internet it looks like Starboard might be the better choice for us. Please let me know your finding on which side usually faces the dock. Yes, I know it can be either side, but maybe there is a pattern. Thank you.

We have booked the Allure of the Seas for January 13, 2019. As of today we have a portside cabin. We would like our cabin on the side that faces the dock at most of the ports. After searching the internet it looks like Starboard might be the better choice for us. Please let me know your finding on which side usually faces the dock. Yes, I know it can be either side, but maybe there is a pattern. Thank you.

Oasis class ships most often dock on the starboard side.

Even if the ship regularly moors starboard side to - which can vary - very often there is a much better view from the outboard side - looking across the harbor rather than at what can be a pretty dismal industrial pier.

I wouldn't make it a major concern.

Or for example, Crown Bar at St. Thomas. The ship can choose to dock on either side of the pier. Even though the starboard side of the ship is against the pier, it's still not predictable that the town will be in view on the starboard side.

In some ports, you're docked right next to another ship. Do NOT base your cabin selection on side of ship. There are plenty of open decks for you to enjoy the sights. And while the ship is docked, you are likely to be ashore or at the pool...not sitting in your cabin.

I understand your issue! That’s the side I like too because I love to watch the pier activities. And it usually is the starboard side. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums