Are there any shops on Allure that sell snacks, sodas, basic staples and such?

soberbabe

Just wondering if the Allure has shops for basic necessities. When on the Freedom, there was nothing like that, had to get energizer drinks and cigarrettes at the bar, and wait get to port for snacks and other drugstore items.

Ships have very limited selection in the ship shop but be prepared to pay astronomical prices. $3 candy bar, $15 aspirin. I always pack my own snacks and power bars, especially my gluten free items. Sometimes there are bags of potato chips at the cafe, I bring some back to my cabin. I have to ask for them, but there are packages of gluten free cookies at the cafe. Ive been able to get snacks in port and bring onboard if they are a sealed package.

As others have said the store in the Promenade has very limited inventory and high prices. You could visit Central Park Café as they have pastries, sandwiches, salads, chips, etc. You could take some of the chips to your cabin. Also, you could get cookies form the Café Promenade to take to your cabin, along with small sandwiches.

Just an FYI you can carry stuff onboard....the prices are HORRIBLE a normal sized can of Pringles were about $5 onboard, Had to get cough drops $5, normal sized bottle of Day Quil? EIGHTEEN DOLLARS!!! Lets just say that I now carry a small pharmacy onboard for far less than what they would charge. I also have no issue with packing several bags of snack food for when we are in the cabin for the night and just want something small to snack on.

Just an FYI you can carry stuff onboard....the prices are HORRIBLE a normal sized can of Pringles were about $5 onboard, Had to get cough drops $5, normal sized bottle of Day Quil? EIGHTEEN DOLLARS!!! Lets just say that I now carry a small pharmacy onboard for far less than what they would charge. I also have no issue with packing several bags of snack food for when we are in the cabin for the night and just want something small to snack on.

My wife is a walking pharmacy--from Advils to Pepto Bismol.:')

I always take aspirin, cold meds, snacks, etc. I agree, on the ship it is crazy expensive if you have to buy anything like that. I always take chips or crackers and pretzels for snacks, or mixed nuts. I also take any kind of pharmacy type item we could conceivably need. I rarely use anything other than Tylenol or Aleve, but it is good to have it if you need it.

The windjammer will also cover a plate with plastic wrap if you want to bring cookies, fruit or a slice of cake back to your room for later.:)

Not always. They just told us to cover the plate with another plate. Weird, and it's the first time that's ever happened, but that's what we were told on the Allure last week. We've been given plate covers (with the hole in the top like the dining room uses) on previous cruises, and plastic wrap on another cruise. We now bring ziploc bags to keep a few cookies in the room (they tend to stop making the sugar free chocolate chip cookies toward the end of the cruise so we hoard a few to get us through) :)

Not always. They just told us to cover the plate with another plate. Weird, and it's the first time that's ever happened, but that's what we were told on the Allure last week. We've been given plate covers (with the hole in the top like the dining room uses) on previous cruises, and plastic wrap on another cruise. We now bring ziploc bags to keep a few cookies in the room (they tend to stop making the sugar free chocolate chip cookies toward the end of the cruise so we hoard a few to get us through) :)

Sugar free chocolate chip cookies? Gross, what’s the point. [emoji21]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ziploc bags are a good idea. They would keep the coconut cookies I love so much nice and fresh!

The windjammer will also cover a plate with plastic wrap if you want to bring cookies, fruit or a slice of cake back to your room for later.:)

I think some folks don't know that there's no problem with you taking food and drinks back to your room. In the past we've requested an extra dessert from dinner and taken it back to our room for later. Ain't no shame in our game! :')

You can bring snacks onboard during embark and from port-visits IF they're sealed? This is good to know (or confirm).

From what I've gathered, you cannot bring canned soft drinks on Royal either in carry-on or checked luggage, right?

... From what I've gathered, you cannot bring canned soft drinks on Royal either in carry-on or checked luggage, right?

While against the rules, they normally allow cans of soft drinks to be brought onboard.

Just wondering if the Allure has shops for basic necessities. When on the Freedom, there was nothing like that, had to get energizer drinks and cigarrettes at the bar, and wait get to port for snacks and other drugstore items.

5 posts in 10 years! When was the last time you were on Freedom? The shop exists there.

We are flying into San Juan for our next cruise. Rather than worry about TSA rules, I'm going to go shopping before getting on the ship for toiletries and snacks. I'm not a big eater, but I snack a lot on nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate. I learned my lesson about those $7.00 cans of stale Pringles and the M&M's in the mini bar. Stock up before arriving.

I also suggest if you have a Bed, Bath, and Beyond in your area....they have a great travel sized toiletries area. I buy the sinus meds, first aid kit, stomach meds.. They are small, a couple of doses instead of packing a big bottle.

yes it does.. at the Liquor store. at about 6 our 7 times land prices. well, cigs might be a better deal. you should always bring your own OTC items.. pain meds etc.

Red Bull etc is a bar item and would not be available in the Liquor/ sundries store