New to Celebrity, please share your tips!

kjbacon

You seasoned folks are sharing some great information. Getting ready to book tomorrow for the Constellation in October. Do you really think the Concierge class is worth the extra money? For now looking at a balcony ( a must) Cabin on 6.midship. Thoughts? Thanks again!

You seasoned folks are sharing some great information. Getting ready to book tomorrow for the Constellation in October. Do you really think the Concierge class is worth the extra money? For now looking at a balcony ( a must) Cabin on 6.midship. Thoughts? Thanks again!

What is the price difference? You'll get many varied opinions, but one factor to consider is that on m-class ships, like Constellation, concierge class cabins are larger than standard balcony cabins.

Thank you all for so much helpful information! I’m all the more excited for our October cruise now. Everything sounds so good from the quiet spots to the delicious food choices to the suite perks to the no kids in the solarium pool and what can be said about too much ice cold vodka! Only hitch I see thus far is that it might be tough to get coffee early in the morning. I’m not sure calling room service at 5am is my fave idea but if it’s the only solution....

Thank you all for so much helpful information! I’m all the more excited for our October cruise now. Everything sounds so good from the quiet spots to the delicious food choices to the suite perks to the no kids in the solarium pool and what can be said about too much ice cold vodka! Only hitch I see thus far is that it might be tough to get coffee early in the morning. I’m not sure calling room service at 5am is my fave idea but if it’s the only solution....

You can preorder in room breakfast or just a pot of coffee and/or tea using a hang tag the night before. We almost always have breakfast on our balcony, weather permitting.

Also, there's a coffee station in the public area where the card tables are located.

We love sailing Celebrity and it usually great itineraries that bring us back again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can preorder in room breakfast or just a pot of coffee and/or tea using a hang tag the night before. We almost always have breakfast on our balcony, weather permitting.

Also, there's a coffee station in the public area where the card tables are located.

We love sailing Celebrity and it usually great itineraries that bring us back again.

Where is this coffee station you’ve mentioned and is it a self serve? This could be our perfect solution if it’s open very early.

just came across this thread - we are new to Celebrity and will be on our first cruise on March / April leaving Sydney (Aus) going up to the Great Barrier Reef and back. This will be our first ever cruise.

does anyone know what shows will be on Solstice 30 March - 11 April? and do they have live bands (with drums) we can listen to on the ship. I love a good live band

I know there are so many different bars on the ship it will be hard to visit them all!

also does anyone know when they send out the boarding information? is it the same time as the luggage tags?

I've been told that boarding is structured and they board by deck e.g. deck 12 at 11am, deck 11 at 11:30am.....etc...

I don't want to turn up at the passenger terminal in Sydney early only to find our deck (deck 9) isn't due to board for another hour.

just came across this thread - we are new to Celebrity and will be on our first cruise on March / April leaving Sydney (Aus) going up to the Great Barrier Reef and back. This will be our first ever cruise.

does anyone know what shows will be on Solstice 30 March - 11 April? and do they have live bands (with drums) we can listen to on the ship. I love a good live band

I know there are so many different bars on the ship it will be hard to visit them all!

also does anyone know when they send out the boarding information? is it the same time as the luggage tags?

I've been told that boarding is structured and they board by deck e.g. deck 12 at 11am, deck 11 at 11:30am.....etc...

I don't want to turn up at the passenger terminal in Sydney early only to find our deck (deck 9) isn't due to board for another hour.

They will have live bands and they are usually pretty good (knock on wood). Probably one or two house bands that will play the main Atrium in the early evening and in the Sky Lounge in the late evening. Plus one or two smaller acts that will play around the ship at various times during the day. There's probably going to be one or two nights where the band will play on the pool deck in the evening, if they weathers nice it's fun. Don't miss the silent disco too, sounds stupid but actually very fun. Some bars are only open at certain times so it's easier than you think to visit most of them. My favorites are the World Class, Martini Bar and the Sunset Bar. The Sunset bar is on the back of the ship (deck 15 I think). Great place to hang out in the late afternoon/early evening especially when leaving port.

You can board anytime after they open the boarding, I've never seen it done by deck. I like to arrive around 11. That usually gets me on before the buffet turns into a zoo. I like to get a table on the back (outside the buffet). It's a great spot to enjoy lunch and have a beer.

Edited by TFLG

thanks for that - we are not elite or aqua class cruisers, can we visit all the bars on Solstice, or are some just for elite / aqua guests?

the sunset bar sounds good - I assume that's for anyone on board?

is it possible to walk around most of the ship in 1-2 hours? on boarding day I would like to familiarize myself where everything is on the ship

To the OP - enjoy your cruise! It sounds awesome.

We just cruised on the sister M-class ship, the Infinity, in September, and had a fabulous time. Most bars are open to everyone. I believe the only places non-suite classes cannot dine/drink are Michaels Club, Luminae, and Blu. The Martini Bar is just fabulous, and entertaining! As others have said, the Sunset Bar and dining area on the back of the Ocean View are terrific! Cafe al Bacio became a favorite. Any time we wanted a drink (we had the Classic package as a perk), there was a convenient bar.

As for layout, the ship is easily walked in a couple hours on embarkation day. We really enjoyed the size...not too large, not too small. Had everything we needed/wanted.

As others have said, do NOT miss out on the indoor adult solarium! The thelassotherapy pool is terrific. Totally agree that the metal bars with the bubbles underneath are awesome. Some of the best loungers are in that area as well. It is still an easy walk to the buffet and Mast Grill if you want to bring food/drink back. Best of all - no kids!

thanks for that - we are not elite or aqua class cruisers, can we visit all the bars on Solstice, or are some just for elite / aqua guests?

the sunset bar sounds good - I assume that's for anyone on board?

is it possible to walk around most of the ship in 1-2 hours? on boarding day I would like to familiarize myself where everything is on the ship

The only bar you can't access is Micheal's club which is for suite guests only. You wont even notice it.

Yes, you can easily tour the ship in a couple of hours. Deck 3, 4, 5, 12,14 and 15 is where most of the stuff is. Nearly all the other decks are cabins. There's a few places tucked into the hotel decks like the library and internet cafe. Those are right next to the central elevators. Get on the ship and head to deck 14 and the buffet, grab some lunch while you wait for the cabins to open. between 1 and 2 the cabins will open and you can dump your carry on. Now you can really explore the ship.

When I first sailed on Millennium six or seven years ago, there was a quiet lounge with card tables. That room was gone when I sailed Millie again last June. I think it's used for booking excursions now? Anyway, if there is a new card lounge on the M class ships, I couldn't find it!

Coffee makers seem to be maintained 24hrs in the buffet at least.

Cheers,

Ed

Don't look for good entertainment.

Thank you all for the many helpful tips.

This post cracked me up so I had to quote it! Ok, we won’t look for good entertainment and it should be fine since we are early risers. We enjoy our early quiet nights. Besides, as long as there are positive and cheerful people like you on our sailing, we should be just fine.

My one tip would be if you can wait until after final pmt to book, do it...the price drops can be dramatic

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I normally book as soon as a cruise becomes available, then track the pricing. For our last ten cruises, only one has had a lower price after final payment and I was able to secure a free upgrade. My advice is to book as early as possible.

This post cracked me up so I had to quote it! Ok, we won’t look for good entertainment and it should be fine since we are early risers. We enjoy our early quiet nights. Besides, as long as there are positive and cheerful people like you on our sailing, we should be just fine.

Well done!

Tom & Judy