Bahamas Cruise for November, best time to book??

rye_guy81

We are looking at a cruise for early November for a 3 day Bahamas cruise, we have done 7 or 8 nighters but can only do a short 3 day Bahamas cruise. I see NCL offers a free open bar which is obviously worked into the cruise price with what current prices are. Do these cruises ever go on sale and when is best time to book a Bahamas cruise? Currently NCL is Nov 2nd is showing $735 plus taxes and fees for a ocean view room. RCL is showing $445 plus taxes and fees for a ocean view but I know once I add the drink package to our cruise, which is about $70 a day with taxes ans gratuities, any suggestions on finding the best price for a Bahamas cruise? NCL and Royal seem to have the best dates with our schedule. any feedback is appreciated!!!

You're looking for a sweet spot for the lowest prices and most cabin availability. If you ever figure this out please let us know.

Pricing is all about supply and demand, supply and demand, as well as supply and demand. Nobody here can predict what economic or geo-political factors will affect demand for an itinerary and thus the pricing. For example last year some Caribbean ports sustained serious hurricane damage and many weren't happy with the revised itineraries.

If you wait you might get a better deal...or the prices can go up. You can pass up a deal as you wait for an even better one.... that never happens. You can wait for a last minute deal...or the ship sells out. You have to decide what is more important to you: getting on the ship or playing a game of pricing chicken.

Book what you think is an agreeable price. Then once you are past final payment don't look at prices again.

Edited by BlueRiband

This might not be a factor but those three day cruises are mainly drinking cruises.

Keith

Hi Rye guy

As Keith mentions these have always been considered "booze cruises" especially if they are over the weekend.

I can't imagine flying to Florida to catch a 3 day cruise (unless you are already there). Just not worth the hassle. Obviously you at not concerned about any potential flight delays that could cause yo to miss the ship. I take it you are not going to fly in a day before.

So looking at the cost, (it doesn't look like a bargain price for the time of year) sticking with the time frame, I would more likely consider going to a nice all inclusive (in Mexico for instance). At least you won't have to worry about missing the boat. I did a quick check with the NCL sailing and I saw slightly lower prices, maybe check now, see if makes a difference for you.

hope this helps, good luck

p.s. for a trip that short make sure your flights arrive early and leave late to get the most out of your days

Edited by Nic6318