How long to get confirmation of stock on board credit?

calteacher

I faxed proof of ownership of Carnival stock to HAL on January 23. Our cruise departs in three weeks. I requested confirmation of the receipt and, as yet, have not received that confirmation. Do you suggest that I re-fax the info? Whom should I contact at HAL to see what happened?

I know that HAL needs to have the information two weeks prior to the cruise, so the time is getting short.

Thanks.

My first 2 times I rec'd confirmation within an hour. This last time I did not receive the confirmation. So after a few days I called. It was there & the rep I spoke with said some reps do not send confirmation which surprised me. She emailed my confirmation immediately after our conversation.

This does seem to be a hit and miss proposition. My latest experience, just this week, was to have to call my TA and confirm through them that my fax was received and SHB applied. Calling HAL only resulted in a rather rude "You must call your TA to get confirmation." Seems to depend on who answers the phone at number published on the fact sheet. (World Cruise Reservations)

Previously, for a December 2017 cruise, I received emailed confirmation within an hour for 2 cabins booked through the same TA.

Nothing like consistent inconsistency! :rolleyes:

I didn't get a confirmation when I sent mine in a couple weeks ago but I could see it on my hal online account. It seemed to be done within an hour or so.

I normally let my HAL PCC do it for me and it happens in minutes. Then I get a new Guest Booking Confirmation from her.

While this confirmation only shows the total OBC for each passenger, the stockholder credit is normally easy to spot, as it only applies to one of the guests in the cabin.

When I sent my request in, I waited a week and called HAL. They told me it had been approved and that the approval was sent to my travel agent. I checked with my travel agent and she indicated they did receive the approval the day after I requested it. If you used a travel agent to book the cruise you might check with them.

With HAL it is like rolling the dice. We always FAX our information directly to the cruise line and specifically request an e-mail confirmation. On our many HAL cruises (we are 5 Star Mariners) I would estimate that about 50% of the time we have received confirmation (e-mail) within 1 business day. Another 25% within 2-3 business days. And about 25% we never get any confirmation. When we received no confirmation in a week we simply re FAX the info. If still no confirmation (and this has happened a few times) we call or e-mail our Cruise Agency (we use several) and ask them to please follow-up. That has always resulted in a confirmation.

I should also mention this is not just a HAL issue. We own both CCL and RCL stock and cruise on many lines. We have not found any cruise line to be consistent (in recent years). At one time Princess had a single person dealing with stockholder requests and she was amazing. But alas, that is no longer the case so Princess is just like HAL and the other lines.

Hank