corner aft or mini

cajinyank

I have booked a corner aft balcony on golden for Alaska. now I see the last minisuite on emerald is open for $100 less. I am just curious on who wpuld switch and who would stay in balcon. From everything I read the corner aft is one of the most popular balconys

I have booked a corner aft balcony on golden for Alaska. now I see the last minisuite on emerald is open for $100 less. I am just curious on who wpuld switch and who would stay in balcon. From everything I read the corner aft is one of the most popular balconys

I'd be switching to the mini-suite, if allowed. Save a little $$, larger cabin, fully covered balcony (handy when it rains in Alaska)... YMMV

Personally, I'd pick the minisuite. More room, covered balcony and a much nicer bathroom, all for $100 less? All things being equal, it's no contest, especially considering the Emerald is a slightly newer ship.

I LOVE aft balconies! The views and sound of the wake are one of my favorite things about cruising. Guess it comes down to what is more important to you - the balcony or room. If it's the room, then the minisuite. The balcony? Then the room you have for the extra $100.

Wow what a choice......we love the Emerald Deck Mini's. Actually have that last cabin on our upcoming cruise.

However on our Alaska cruise we had a covered mini and spent very little time on our own balcony (and in our room). We were on the Coral with the full decks on the aft with fantastic panoramic views. Just a few steps from our room. So for the views I think I would stick with your current balcony.

There is a video of cabin C753 on the Golden that shows the balcony and it looks like a great one.

I

Definitely the mini-suite. On Emerald Deck, the balcony is pretty much covered which is perfect if it rains.

BTW - I believe OP is talking about a CORNER aft balcony on the side of the ship that is NOT aft-facing. There's a difference. The last one on the side of the ship has an extended balcony. I've had that cabin before and it was nice, but really not that big of a deal IMO. I'd go with more space and the mini-suite.

I did the exact same thing on a Baltics cruise. I had corner aft on Caribe and went to E731 and loved it!!! I also saved $1250 by doing this!!!

We stayed in both, love both ,my favorite cabins. DH likes the mini for extended voyages..one thing, if you’re on port side and noise sensitive, you may be bothered by music from the Vista. My experience is on the Emerald and the Ruby not the Golden.

We have been in both, and really enjoyed both. For Alaska, we found it to be a trade-off: wonderful views and lots of room in the extended-balcony mini, but less wind in the aft corner. We were on the Emerald the last week of May in Alaska (E731) and found it a bit too windy and cool, except close to the divider. That may have been mostly due to it being early in the season. We would book it again, and I would be more prepared with a blanket, etc. The aft is a great place to be: the balcony is not as wide, but a bit deeper and not as exposed, even though both are covered.

Bottom line? I think you would be happy with either, and the price of the mini would make the decision for me.

We had a "similar but different" offer. They wanted to move us from our aft corner balcony (C752) to a mini for maybe $100 pp more. (I can't remember but it wasn't very much.) We turned it down and absolutely loved the aft-facing corner balcony on Caribe deck.

Wow what a choice......we love the Emerald Deck Mini's. Actually have that last cabin on our upcoming cruise.

However on our Alaska cruise we had a covered mini and spent very little time on our own balcony (and in our room). We were on the Coral with the full decks on the aft with fantastic panoramic views. Just a few steps from our room. So for the views I think I would stick with your current balcony.

There is a video of cabin C753 on the Golden that shows the balcony and it looks like a great one.

I

Did you have engine noise or vibration in the aft facing cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you have engine noise or vibration in the aft facing cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haven't had an aft facing room. Usually book cabins toward the back of the ship especially the Emerald Deck mini's. Have experienced the vibrations when docking and leaving but otherwise don't really notice any.