Topher the Dog....Grand Turk

rexy69

The only one thing that holds me back from being totally excited about my upcoming March cruise, is the fact that I'll miss my dog terribly. I just recently read about Topher the dog, at Jack's Shack in Grand Turk. I will definitely be heading down the beach to get my fix and give this guy some hugs. Has anyone else had the pleasure?

On one cruise we were on very few people ventured down to Jacks. Topher hung out by me all day! It was awesome! He sat by my chair, every 15 minutes or so he would "catch the digging bug" and tear off to the shore line and dig a couple holes, then come back and sit by my chair again. When we went in the water, he came in with us and swam along side us the whole time. He even came and sat under our table when we went up for lunch. No idea why he decided to hang out with me that day, the 4 other times I had been there it was a quick pet and off he would go!

Topher is a great dog, but please beware. There are several stray dogs on this beach, my husband had a broken ankle and was laying on chair relaxing when Topher and a stray started to fight over my husbands chair (they both wanted the food my husband was eating), he could not move to get up and out of the way. He was injured, we are not sure which dog bit him, but one of them did and broke the skin, he was bleeding all over. A worker came down to break up the fight and to give my husband some towels to wrap his arm. The owner did apologize, but my husband will never go to Jack's Shack again.

He was injured, we are not sure which dog bit him, but one of them did and broke the skin, he was bleeding all over.

Wow! Those dogs are lucky they live over there. Here, if a dog did that and the owner cannot prove a current rabies vaccine, the dog gets quarantined or put down immediately and checked for rabies.

On one cruise we were on very few people ventured down to Jacks. Topher hung out by me all day! It was awesome! He sat by my chair, every 15 minutes or so he would "catch the digging bug" and tear off to the shore line and dig a couple holes, then come back and sit by my chair again. When we went in the water, he came in with us and swam along side us the whole time. He even came and sat under our table when we went up for lunch. No idea why he decided to hang out with me that day, the 4 other times I had been there it was a quick pet and off he would go!

Wow, lucky you! It sure must've been hard to leave him behind, after him showing you so much loyalty!

Topher is a great dog, but please beware. There are several stray dogs on this beach, my husband had a broken ankle and was laying on chair relaxing when Topher and a stray started to fight over my husbands chair (they both wanted the food my husband was eating), he could not move to get up and out of the way. He was injured, we are not sure which dog bit him, but one of them did and broke the skin, he was bleeding all over. A worker came down to break up the fight and to give my husband some towels to wrap his arm. The owner did apologize, but my husband will never go to Jack's Shack again.

Oh wow, that's terrible! I will definitely be alert, if other dogs are around. Thanks for the heads up. I hope your husband was ok after that. Dog fights can be a horrible experience.

I don’t like leaving my dog either, luckily we usually do Grand Turk and spend the day at Jack’s. My dog is also a golden doodle so it’s nice to watch the shared manuerisms.

I bet the similarities warm your heart. Any type of reminder is good for a quick fix.

Yes, We love Topher! Play with him every time we go to Grand Turk! Above is a link to my video that shows Topher. You can scroll to his part in the video. Great dog and LOVES tourists! Have a great cruise!

Hey, what a great video!! Very entertaining. I always wondered what a cove balcony was.... thanks. Great shots of Topher .... he sure likes to dig!

Hey, what a great video!! Very entertaining. I always wondered what a cove balcony was.... thanks. Great shots of Topher .... he sure likes to dig!

I think I saw your name from a previous thread. I believe we are on the same cruise. We leave March 3rd on the Conquest. Did you join our facebook page?

• 1 month later...