2 different beverage packages in the same room

sorry if this question has already been answered but I couldn’t find it. At least not quickly... can someone tell me if you can purchase different beverage packages in the same room? We have 2 cabins booked, split between the two adults, wife and kid in one, husband and kid in another. Our TA said we had to do it that way, but in doing that, I thought you had to buy the same beverage package for each person in the cabin. My only experience with this is on NCL, but they allowed us to book the adults in one cabin, and the kids in another.

Help...

Booking that way actually makes it easier if only one drinks. The one who does can get the package the child doesn't need a package and the spouse in the other room is not required to but the package because they are in a different room.

• 4 months later...

so, what's the solution for 2 adults in the same cabin but only 1 is a drinker? My wife does not drink alcohol and I see in the cruise planner I am being FORCED to purchase 2 deluxe packages. That's a rather strong-armed approached by RC which I find annoying. I'm sure it's done that way because people abuse the system and share packages but I wish I had the option to buy the deluxe package for myself and a refreshment package for my wife. Any chance of this happening?

so, what's the solution for 2 adults in the same cabin but only 1 is a drinker? My wife does not drink alcohol and I see in the cruise planner I am being FORCED to purchase 2 deluxe packages. That's a rather strong-armed approached by RC which I find annoying. I'm sure it's done that way because people abuse the system and share packages but I wish I had the option to buy the deluxe package for myself and a refreshment package for my wife. Any chance of this happening?

Just call them to get the refreshment package.

Just call them to get the refreshment package.

Yes, there have been no reports posted on Cruise Critic of being turned down for this option IF YOU CALL.

(can't do it on the website)

Of course, the other option is to just buy your drinks individually. It's not as though you are 'cut off' from drinking if you don't have a package.

Yes, there have been no reports posted on Cruise Critic of being turned down for this option IF YOU CALL.

(can't do it on the website)

Of course, the other option is to just buy your drinks individually. It's not as though you are 'cut off' from drinking if you don't have a package.

Good to know this can be done with a call! Relieved! I assume they can match the current discount I'm seeing in the cruise planner?

buy the alcohol for one and the refreshment package for the other on board. might be able to call and pre purchase ahead of time( not on the website)