Published Review - Odyssey in the Caribbean; Jan 6-18, 2018

Camillus112

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and to share it.

It looked very balanced to me and I can imagine how things can be disorganized say people not sure where to queue up if someone is not there and taking charge.

I think it is great when people take the time to write and post reviews because often I find on the luxury lines that not enough people do this.

Keith

Thanks for the review.

I’m hoping that they change out those old small TV’s during the dry docks. They installed much better ones n Encore, and it makes a big difference. Definitely a Seabourn shortcoming.

The service issues have been mentioned on numerous threads. There seems to be a training or staffing issue that’s not being aduaquately addressed. Some have mentioned it could be because of the Ovation, which is getting the more experienced crew.

Thanks for the review.

I’m hoping that they change out those old small TV’s during the dry docks. They installed much better ones n Encore, and it makes a big difference. Definitely a Seabourn shortcoming.

The service issues have been mentioned on numerous threads. There seems to be a training or staffing issue that’s not being aduaquately addressed. Some have mentioned it could be because of the Ovation, which is getting the more experienced crew.

Sojourn was just in dry dock in early December. I was on the Holiday cruise - the tv hasn't been changed during that dry dock.

I do believe that the transport at the embarkation port is down to the Port Authority, not Seabourn.

Did people really need a rep to tell them not to queue outside in the rain ?!?

I was on that sailing and had the same experience. SB staff originally checked us and our luggage in at the pier and we were directed by SB to the waiting area for the bus. Originally, there were just four of us waiting for the bus transportation to the ship. While we waited, the crowd kept growing. There was no place to get out of the rain. After a long wait, the bus finally arrived. By then, there were at least 50 people rushing to board the bus. Had a SB staff member been available, they could have queued us in the order of our arrival. The bus transfers appeared to be controlled by the Barbados Port. We were fortunate. The bus stopped right in front of us and we were one of the first passengers to board. However, most of the crowd was left to wait for the next vehicle...in the rain.