Add Ons - Celebration

Muffinz

In our experience if you are celebrating an event on board then let someone know after boarding, do not rely on that box on your booking....

If someone in your party lets the M’D know on boarding and reminds him on the day then an appropriate cake like the one shown by cyntil8ing will appear. If it is for a birthday the waiters will also serenade you!

We have occasionally received extra treats including champagne but that was when we were cruising in a top suite and it was a gift from the concierge. Guest relations may send you a bottle of wine or chocolate strawberries if you inform them.

Please don’t wait ‘and see if they remember’ not only could you be disappointed you could feel let down by the crew. As Luvcrusin says with 3,000 guests to look after your waiter/M’D needs a prompt.....

We have usually celebrated special occasions in Murano’s. The tableside preparation does make a meal more of a celebration. If you speak to the M’D there they will also arrange a cake. If you wish to celebrate with a decent bottle of champagne but don’t want to pay the inflated on board price remember you can take two bottles of fizz on with you. All restaurants will chill it for you and serve it on the night for a corkage fee of $20 (unless it has gone up).

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

In our experience if you are celebrating an event on board then let someone know after boarding, do not rely on that box on your booking....

If someone in your party lets the M’D know on boarding and reminds him on the day then an appropriate cake like the one shown by cyntil8ing will appear. If it is for a birthday the waiters will also serenade you!

We have occasionally received extra treats including champagne but that was when we were cruising in a top suite and it was a gift from the concierge. Guest relations may send you a bottle of wine or chocolate strawberries if you inform them.

Please don’t wait ‘and see if they remember’ not only could you be disappointed you could feel let down by the crew. As Luvcrusin says with 3,000 guests to look after your waiter/M’D needs a prompt.....

We have usually celebrated special occasions in Murano’s. The tableside preparation does make a meal more of a celebration. If you speak to the M’D there they will also arrange a cake. If you wish to celebrate with a decent bottle of champagne but don’t want to pay the inflated on board price remember you can take two bottles of fizz on with you. All restaurants will chill it for you and serve it on the night for a corkage fee of $20 (unless it has gone up).

Correct, we have celebrated many birthdays onboard as quite a few of our family group have birthdays around the same time of the year. The ‘Celebrations’ box is on every booking and you can inform X, usually via your TA, if you are celebrating a special event. This does not ensure anything special on the ship, but mentioning it in the MDR (Blu etc.) to the maitre d’ usually results in a small chocolate cake and the singing waiters 😉. You’ll find there will be at least another person celebrating something on the same day as you and you’ll hear that singing several times during your evening meal.

To the OP,

Two of us celebrated that same big 0 birthday on our last cruise vacation and we did something very special on the actual day (a couple of days before we actually joined the ship): a champagne breakfast helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon. Have to say, try and do something that you’d possibly never do again and it will be a birthday to remember! Unsure where your cruise is sailing to?

I've booked last few cruises direct with Celebrity and have always had the Celebrations box shown. I haven't completed it but on our last cruise they delivered a cake from Guest relations and a tray of chocolate strawberrys from Captains Club

On 1/31/2018 at 3:24 PM, Luvcrusn said:

While it's nice to contact Celebrity early, I'd strongly recommend additionally speaking directly with your maître d and waiter if you want to make sure something is done. Also, if you make a purchase of any type of special package I'd go to Guest Services the first day to make sure they have a record of it and still speak with the wait staff. Something forgotten in the stateroom, or a fake trip to a restroom will make a believable cover story to cover up your real purpose and assure that your plans are activated. I know this sounds a bit OCD, but with the special needs and wants of 3,000 passengers to pamper it's easy to have something missed, and better safe than sorry.

Definitely. Last year we sailed Equinox and it was my husband’s first cruise, booked for our 5 year wedding anniversary. I let X know and it was on our reservation. I thought we’d at least get some acknowledgment, glass of wine, or even just a “congratulations on your anniversary” comment at dinner. 

Nada. No one said a thing. 

If you want something special to happen, talk to guest relations when you board. Otherwise you may be quite disappointed.