Serious advice!

yags

I just saw on FOX national news that an elderly woman was airlifted off of the Grand Princess (Currently in Hawaii). A very dear Friend of mine is on the Grand right now (She is in her 80's). I am very concerned it might be her but have no way of contacting family members. She is traveling with her daughter so I know she is being looked after I am just concerned for my friend. They have not released her name and I am afraid HIPPA laws prevent inquiries from friends. I am hoping the news will release her name. Any suggestions?

Does her daughter check her email when traveling, do you know any of her other friends? Considering the number of older people on a cruise, it very well might not be your friend. You are right about finding out the name. News media usually won't release a name either until authorities can first contact her family.

Does her daughter check her email when traveling, do you know any of her other friends? Considering the number of older people on a cruise, it very well might not be your friend. You are right about finding out the name. News media usually won't release a name either until authorities can first contact her family.

She is the mother-in-law of my ex-partner. We still see each other for lunch periodically but the rest of the family does not communicate with me. Sounds like a BRAVO TV show but I am concerned. Thanks for the suggestions. You are right. Medical emergencies happen all the time and it does not mean it is her. Thanks.

\https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/in_touch.jsp (under 'Contact Phone Numbers'):

Grand Princess 011 870 765 077 833

International calling rates apply. But you can leave a message for them or ask to have the purser call their stateroom while you are on the line.

If the elderly woman who was airlifted was traveling with family members, one person would typically be able to go with her or their transportation to her hospital destination would be arranged. SO, if this person was your friend, most likely her daughter would be with her. Most hospitals have internet access for patients and family, even if it is of poor quality. I think your only choice that is likely to yield results is to attempt to contact your friend or her daughter by e-mail or text message; this should reach them IF they are using their devices.

As you noted, legally no outside source can give you any information. Most news reports do not release names. I'm not sure what you could do for your friend in this situation. Perhaps, depending on your beliefs, prayers, good vibes, or whatever for the affected person and her family is the best that you can offer, regardless of who that person is.

The above post appeared while I was typing--good idea.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/01/30/breaking-news/coast-guard-medevacs-woman-from-cruise-ship-off-oahu/

This might give you a little more information to work with. Queen's Hospital is the best Heart hospital on the islands. She should be in good care.

You might be able to call the hospital to find out if she is there. They will not give you an update.

Well' date=' since the article says that the woman involved was 71 years old, it isn't likely that it is your 80+ year old friend.[/quote']

I saw it on FOX National news on TV. Can you direct me to the article? Thanks

Thanks all who responded for your advice. I did find out that it was not my friend who was taken off the Grand. My best wishes for a speedy recovery to the person who was taken off the ship and again thanks to all of you for helping me straighten it out.