Oasis PC Self Disembark or Hope for Early # to Disembark

Starting to get nervous reading how the line for self-disembark starts to form @ 5 am for the Oasis out of PC.:eek:

Not trying to get over, just want to catch my flight

Member in my party has issues standing that long (1-1/2 hours plus). Walking/moving is fine, & can handle their own luggage, just couldn't stand comfortably for over an hour in one place.

Wondering if I choose regular disembark (luggage out the night before), indicating we have an early flight...should we receive an early #? Would it be beneficial to stop @ the desk (not sure when) and verify our assigned time in that instance?

Or, should I stick with selecting self-disembark, but with no intent to line up until things are moving/regular boarding numbers have been called? 8 am perhaps:confused:?

Logistically, I think I've 'got it' as to timing. Have sailed out of PC in the past several times.

Trying to determine, all things on schedule as to clearing ship, etc.; approximately when the first scheduled non self assist disembark typically is for non suite guests.

All lines we've sailed upon have granted adequate # for us to make our usual late am flight. I assume using the nfo that we've provided when signing in for the cruise. Wanted to check RCCL still does this.

Re Flight, First choice would be noon out of MCO Via SWA, at least some flexiblity there for later flight if something goes awry & do have TI for the trip

TSA precheck, fly thru MCO often, good with getting there by 10 am. Would grab uber or lyft probably, unless a shuttle is nearly full waiting to depart.

What's odd is I'm not seeing a time listed on RCCL's site when I check for earliest flight home, but do see for arrival (12:30 pm)

The evening when the room stewards put out the luggage tags.

Walk the halls and check out their carts outside the rooms.

When you find one with very low numbers, grab some and use those...

Or do what most sensible cruisers do and just go to guest services and ask for it.

mac_tlc

This thread has a scan of the departure flyer:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2536924

Helpful, thanks. Looks like between 8 & 8:45 am would be best option then, #2 - 15.

Many want to bolt off the ship, I'm sure more than a few people request to be at the head of the pack. I'm doubting they all get what they want, especially if those slots are already allocated to those who indicated they had early flights when checking in for cruise.

Helpful, thanks. Looks like between 8 & 8:45 am would be best option then, #2 - 15. ...

If you speak to Guest Services, they should be able to get you luggage tags that leave before 8:45am.

flight time

We have a12:55 flight Southwest Orlando Airport our Shuttle is booked with Cortrans service. They gave us a 9:00 am pickup . Is it enough time to get early baggage tags or use baggage valet sevice .t Thankyou in advance

kruise kat

If you get luggage tags no later than 8:30am, you should be fine.

The last two time we were on Oasis we were given highe r numbers than we preferred. Both times when our room stewards saw hubby step out of room with newly-disturbed tags in hand, they stopped him and offered to help. Both times room stewards immediately produced tags for 8:00-8:30 am, saving him the trip to d concierge or guest services. YMMV.

If everybody in your group is able to handle luggage but not able/willing to stand in a long line, late self-disembarkation might be a good option. It is likely faster as you do not have to search for your bags. Otherwise an early luggage tag. Your choice.

12:55 FLIGHT ORLANDO(y)

Thank you Clarea and Bob, you have put the decision to rest for my DH and I . Your help is greatly appreciated by all of us cruisers.:D.

kruise kat.:)

You're very welcome.

disembarked today. Our scheduled time was 10:00 (last time), so we self disembarked. Left cabin at 7:15. Line to get to customs was very, very long, but moved amazingly well and we were thru customs by 7:35. Got our van to Cruise n Park and we were to our car and on our way before 8:00. I was amazed how fast it all went.

Must move quicker on Oasis than Majesty. We had #1 and earliest we were allowed to disembark was 820am. The lines for self disembarking went on for more than an hour. We were still at ParkNCruise and on the way home by 9am.