Seaside: Deluxe Drink Package no longer including room service food(?)

lilalila

I just finished reading the latest Seaside review (by jimmybattaglia). Included in the review was a photo of what appears to be an information sign on a bar that describes the drink packages. I noted that food from the room service menu is no longer listed as part of the Deluxe package inclusions; only drinks from the room service menu.

I read that same review today (it was the most recent one). Food from the room service menu is already free for Fantastica and above, only Bella passengers have to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that same review today (it was the most recent one). Food from the room service menu is already free for Fantastica and above, only Bella passengers have to pay for it.

I'm Bella. I purchased Bella having the intention of upgrading to the Deluxe Drink Package (which I did) knowing what was included with the package (in part: room service food) apparently which is now not the case.

I've seen recent room service menus and there are costs associated with ordering pizza. Fantastica and above--pizza free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid that's not correct, DCGuy. There is no charge for *delivery* for Fantastica and Aurea, but there is for the food, itself. It's only room service breakfast that's free.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I'm Bella. I purchased Bella having the intention of upgrading to the Deluxe Drink Package (which I did) knowing what was included with the package (in part: room service food) apparently which is now not the case.

I've seen recent room service menus and there are costs associated with ordering pizza. Fantastica and above--pizza free?

Have not been on board yet myself but reports I got from two who have were there is always a charge for pizza delivered to the room. Unless Yacht Club gets it free. They were Fantastica and Aurea reports so don't know about that one. However you could go down and pick up pizza to bring back when it was open.

As far as whether room service food is included there are pictures here on CC from the Maiden Voyage and Christmas cruises I saw where one did not say room service food for sure and I think also didn't say ice cream or gelato. Another bar's menu which included drink package descriptions did have it.

Yet another I saw on facebook from the Christmas cruise said room service drinks, food, and also something like "pastries where available" which I think meant the pastries in the Seaview Cafe. As late as mid-December the description on the website still said the same as that last one at least when I signed in. Of course I cannot sign in right now due to the website doing something weird to see what it says today.

I may need a vacation from my vacation planning effort when this is all done. :rolleyes: I've been thinking about maybe trying an Alaskan cruise :)

I'm afraid that's not correct, DCGuy. There is no charge for *delivery* for Fantastica and Aurea, but there is for the food, itself. It's only room service breakfast that's free.

Thanks for correcting me, Beamafar. I was in error, I read the experiences overview and it seemed to me that the food AND delivery were free for Fantastica and above (and, frankly, should be, in my opinion-it was on our last RCI trip). Guess I'll have to move my lazy behind to the nearest buffet should I need anything to eat.... ;)

The wording is a bit misleading, so it's an easy mistake to make. I think a lot of people get caught out with it.

You're kind, I feel like I was just being a bit thick..... ;p At any rate, I'm going to scout around and see what the prices are- I know I saw screenshots of the room service menu yesterday but I'm following so many threads I can't remember which one it was on. :') Thanks again.

Oh man, I was completely thinking that room service was free for Aurea guests. I had no idea there was a food fee, plus a delivery fee on top of that. Sigh.

Oh man, I was completely thinking that room service was free for Aurea guests. I had no idea there was a food fee, plus a delivery fee on top of that. Sigh.

Well, the delivery fee is only late at night, 11 pm-6 am. Other times, it's free (delivery, that is).

You're kind, I feel like I was just being a bit thick..... ;p At any rate, I'm going to scout around and see what the prices are- I know I saw screenshots of the room service menu yesterday but I'm following so many threads I can't remember which one it was on. :') Thanks again.

On cruises when the on-board currency is the Euro, items are €3 each or 2 plates for €5. IIRC, the fruit plate is a little dearer. There are no prices as it's from the Yacht Club where there's no charges

7bde4fe9b1b83b2816fec5dbdef37cf4.jpg

Edited by Beamafar

There's no delivery fee for Aurea guests.

Every other ship I have been on, there is usually just a flat fee, you don't pay per item. So, when I saw that Aurea was free, I was thinking the entire room service menu was free. But, it seems only the additional fee on top of the food prices is free. This is another thing MSC needs to be more clear about.

On cruises when the on-board currency is the Euro, items are €3 each or 2 plates for €5. IIRC, the fruit plate is a little dearer. There are no prices as it's from the Yacht Club where there's no charges

7bde4fe9b1b83b2816fec5dbdef37cf4.jpg

Thanks, yes this is the menu I remember seeing. I didn't know it was from the YC, so that combined with the lack of prices is part of what made me think the food was free. OTOH €3 is pretty cheap.

I've just found the menu with the prices showing. This is from a cruise as recent as last December. The prices may increase this year; they've been the same for years, now. And, yes, they offer great value. The smoked salmon sandwich is very generously filled and comes with a side of potato chips.

e5c0b02b218888baeaca0cf17c0cafff.jpg

Cruised on Jan 13 Seaside with Fantastica Food was free for room service aside from pizza after 11pm $4 charge

I can't stand inconsistencies like this (great if you benefit from them, but not universal, which is annoying). What I mean is, I'm glad for you, but won't be glad for me if I can't get the same.

I'll have to ask about experiences with this I guess. I have a picture of a room service menu from a Fantastica cabin on Seaside from a January sailing. It does not show any prices for the food, only the delivery fee. The friend who posted it on facebook never actually ordered anything, though, so there's no knowing if there would have been a charge had they done so. :confused: