Some FTTF in group, one without, board together?

harleyquinn228

I know this seems pretty straight forward, but wondering if anyone has had experience.

Sailing with a group of 7. 6 of us (in 3 cabins) booked months ago, and got FTTF. One solo traveler just booked this week, and there are no more FTTF. Is there any way we will be able to board together, without all having to go to the regular line? We want to be able to take the pre-boarding photo, plus it's his first time cruising so don't really want to leave him to get on alone, but we want to be on the ship ASAP, which is why we bought FTTF.

Will they sell him one, even though it's sold out? Or is it likely more will go on sale? Will they let him wait with us and at least take the pic, and then maybe hold him back? Or, if we are there very early, say 10:30, will it be quick and will they let him check in early or will they not let him board till his time? I don't mean I want him to skip the line without paying or anything, but if they won't even let him into the building that will really suck.

Sorry, many small questions, and I'm guessing the answer will be "no" to most of them, but just curious if anyone has encountered this and what they did.

No sorry, without FTTF, you are doomed to leave him to the slow line or join him. I ran into this same scenario with my own children in the other cabin. How far out is the cruise. Checking daily will usually snag an FTTF. It appears that a batch of FTTF is being released inside the 30 day mark. I guess they then have a good idea how many platinum and diamond they have booked.

Is the 7th person staying in the 3 previously booked cabins or does he have his own cabin??

Different cabin.

No sorry, without FTTF, you are doomed to leave him to the slow line or join him. I ran into this same scenario with my own children in the other cabin. How far out is the cruise. Checking daily will usually snag an FTTF. It appears that a batch of FTTF is being released inside the 30 day mark. I guess they then have a good idea how many platinum and diamond they have booked.

Doomed!!! Bah. Yea that's sort of what I figured. I am going to be checking like mad for it to pop up again. We sail April 7th.

Thanks for your help!

I just cruised in October and I booked late and could only get 1 FTTF on my husbands cabin. Myself and my son was booked in a cabin together and we waited in the regular line to check in but as soon we got into the staging area my husband was waiting for us as the lady said we needed to check in together as a family. So we all boarded at the same time with only 1 cabin having the FTTF. This was at port of Miami so it could be different at other ports.

I just cruised in October and I booked late and could only get 1 FTTF on my husbands cabin. Myself and my son was booked in a cabin together and we waited in the regular line to check in but as soon we got into the staging area my husband was waiting for us as the lady said we needed to check in together as a family. So we all boarded at the same time with only 1 cabin having the FTTF. This was at port of Miami so it could be different at other ports.

The only problem with that is with FTTF I believe we can get in fairly early depending on how many diamond/plat are there. Our solo friend doesn't have a check in time until noon. Sort of defeats the purpose of getting there early if they won't let him on the line till then.

We are out of Port Canaveral so I don't know how the set up is

Just keep checking. Carnival will release more as people cancel and/or their algorithm tells them to release more (it's all based on the number of other priority passengers cruising).

They will not allow him to enter until his appointed check-in time without FTTF.

Keep checking daily - multiple times daily if you can. They release a set number and they sell out quickly. When we turned platinum, we were traveling with friends who had FTTF. They had snagged it at 7am one morning after checking every day for a while. We were checked in & ready to board first, but wanted a group welcome aboard picture. So, we moved out of the way & waited for them to get checked in. Took our picture together & boarded the ship. So yes, we had to wait, but at least we all knew our cabins would be ready for us to get unpacked & start our vacation.

I had been sold out since I booked our cruise for the first week in March. I needed 2 rooms... one came available beg. of Jan and I skipped it because we wanted to board together. About a week and a half ago I was able to book it! There were a few opened around 5 eastern for a small window. Keep checking!

Why not just give up the 3 FTTF's, and take the $237.00 and use it for something that isn't free?

Besides the other perks, the instant access to your room is worth it to us. I really hate having to lug a carry on/soda around with us as we get lunch, sit at the pool, explore the ship, etc. It's still a possibility to give it up, but I would like to keep it.

Assuming you were all on the same credit card?

Besides the other perks, the instant access to your room is worth it to us. I really hate having to lug a carry on/soda around with us as we get lunch, sit at the pool, explore the ship, etc. It's still a possibility to give it up, but I would like to keep it.

Wait to check in about 30 minutes before the cabins open.

Unless an extra person is the child of a person boarding with FTTF it doesn't feel quite fair to the rest of us without FTTF waiting to board if everyone who has it is allowed to have others whose cabin did not or could not purchase FTTF jump us in the line.

Perhaps your group can get some nice group pictures at the gangway of your first port or by the photographers on Elegant Night.:confused:

I think if you check daily as others have said you'll be fine.

If the solo guy has lots of $$ upgrade him to a suite and he'll be able to board with you. Actually before you even.

One other option is to cash in 2 of the FTTF and just have one cabin with it. Then everyone board together at the regular time and drop off everything in the one cabin that has FTTF. Take the other 140.00 and buy cocktails!!

One thing to you can do is make sure you are on roll calls here and another popular site. When one of our group cancelled at final payment date her FTTF came available. I posted on the other site roll call and someone was able to grab it immediately. I know other people like to give heads up for that sort of thing.

Assuming you were all on the same credit card?

Carnival has closed this loophole since you now input all your credit card info and set up S&S accounts as part of online check-in. You can't all check in together anymore just because your S&S is on the credit credit card.

Why not just give up the 3 FTTF's, and take the $237.00 and use it for something that isn't free?

I like this idea. I just couldn't see paying $69.95 so I can get on the ship faster and not have to wait for a room. But that's me. I'm pretty thrifty. :D

I had a similar issue in August 2016. The rest of my group had FTTF and I was a solo traveler that did not. When I checked in, I asked the agent if there was anything they could do so I could get on with my family/group. She said she couldn’t give me FTTF but she gave me the priority boarding stamp so I could get on with them. That would be my suggestion, be friendly/chatty to the agent without being rude and explain you’re alone and want to get on with the rest of your group. It’s worth a try.

I had a similar issue in August 2016. The rest of my group had FTTF and I was a solo traveler that did not. When I checked in, I asked the agent if there was anything they could do so I could get on with my family/group. She said she couldn’t give me FTTF but she gave me the priority boarding stamp so I could get on with them. That would be my suggestion, be friendly/chatty to the agent without being rude and explain you’re alone and want to get on with the rest of your group. It’s worth a try.

.... not really fair to jump ahead of others that didn't have FTTF either and who arrived before you. I'm sure someone will think I'm being mean but lots of folks feel the way I do.:(