Balcony Q

myra711

I will be going on my third cruise - this time on the Escape, with a balcony on the starboard side, about 1/4 back from the bow (15156). On the other two cruises (Gem and Breakaway) I was in aft balconies. Are side balconies very windy? I know the view is better aft, but I am hoping that it isn't unpleasant to sit out on a side balcony. Does the deck level make a difference? (Not that I am going to change the cabin!) I just want to know what I am in for.

There is obviously more opportunity for wind on the side, as you aren’t as sheltered from the wind.

However, I spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony and can barely remember a time when the wind has been a problem. Probably only ever once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have never been lucky enough to be aft. Would love that view. We have always been on the side and have never had a problem with wind. We sit out and read, watch coming in to port and leaving port, take photos, etc. No problems. We were in a side balcony Transatlantic, Greek Islands, and Caribbean.

I will be going on my third cruise - this time on the Escape, with a balcony on the starboard side, about 1/4 back from the bow (15156). On the other two cruises (Gem and Breakaway) I was in aft balconies. Are side balconies very windy? I know the view is better aft, but I am hoping that it isn't unpleasant to sit out on a side balcony. Does the deck level make a difference? (Not that I am going to change the cabin!) I just want to know what I am in for.

Side balconies, in general, are not especially windy. It does, of course, has to do with the overall weather at sea.

You have a nice forward facing slanted balcony, so you may get a little more wind than other side balconies.

And, since you are on deck 15 directly below the sun deck, there may be a little noise in the early mornings as the crew washes and resets the deck above.

If you're STANDING at the rail, you will feel the wind. If you're sitting in a chair, back a couple feet from the rail, you'll be fine.

THIS! I've been on a bunch and never thought "wind"... well there was that one time after the sprouts ;p