Celebrity App

cltnccruisers

I installed the X App to my iPhone just out of curiosity. I imagine some options may only be available on board but if they flesh it out a bit - God, I hope it's not maintained by the same morons doing the website. Anyone have any experience with it? Only Constellation and Equinox available for now.

I used it on the Equinox last week and it worked beautifully. It was very convenient for keeping track of activities on the ship, times, locations etc....

You could find opening times for restaurants, bars

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used it on the Equinox last week and it worked beautifully. It was very convenient for keeping track of activities on the ship, times, locations etc....

You could find opening times for restaurants, bars

So it's more or less an online version of the dailies? Can you get menus on it?

The description of the app seems to indicate that it works with the free onboard wi-fi. But if they don't have Silhouette by the time we go in March I may never know.

I have never heard of free onboard wi-fi

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thinking this out a bit it really wouldn't be difficult. You have 2 routers. One you sell access to and it works as a gateway to the real world. The other serves up only the app so it's a free service. I'll find out if they add Silhouette before we go since I disconnect from the world as much as possible when I cruise.

Can it be downloaded while off the ship? Is it available for android phones? I searched but could not find. Does anyone know the name if I search in my device's app store. TIA.

Yes it can be downloaded without being on a ship and is available for android phones.

My experience has been that I couldn’t find it in the App Store using my IPad but when I used my IPhone I found and download the app.

After getting on my IPhone it appeared on my IPad.

The IPhone version crashes every time I try to use it but the IPad version works great. The info for our cruise is there but a bit generic at this point as it relates to the activities but Im Thinking it could be great when it is a true version of the daily and with the menus, spa specials etc included

I was able to download it for the Equinox. But our trip isn’t until May, and it only gave me date choices in February. I couldn’t figure out how to get around those dates on the site. I guess I’ll try in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They seem to just put the next three cruises and add a new one every week as they complete a cruise

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Only Constellation and Equinox available for now. We're on Silhouette this March then probably Reflection in Sept 2019. Hopefully they aren't letting this stagnate and we'll get some use out of it eventually.

Just down loaded the app and looked around our sailing on the Equinox next week. Very helpful works well on my Apple phone. Thanks for bringing this up! I had no idea based on terrible X website experience the app would be so much better.

Just down loaded the app and looked around our sailing on the Equinox next week. Very helpful works well on my Apple phone. Thanks for bringing this up! I had no idea based on terrible X website experience the app would be so much better.

An open question is whether or not one needs to buy the wi-fi package to get full functionality on board. Since your cruise is near could you check on board?

My experience has been that I couldn’t find it in the App Store using my IPad but when I used my IPhone I found and download the app.

After getting on my IPhone it appeared on my IPad.

The IPhone version crashes every time I try to use it but the IPad version works great. The info for our cruise is there but a bit generic at this point as it relates to the activities but Im Thinking it could be great when it is a true version of the daily and with the menus, spa specials etc included

I'm not as lucky. I downloaded it on both IPhone 6 Plus and IPad. I can open the app and select the ship and the sail day but when I press the sail date the App crashes. After that it won't even work up. If I uninstall and re-install I get the same crash symptoms.

BTW - to down load on Ipad you have to go to the top where it says IPad only and change to IPhone Only and you will find it.

I'm not as lucky. I downloaded it on both IPhone 6 Plus and IPad. I can open the app and select the ship and the sail day but when I press the sail date the App crashes. After that it won't even work up. If I uninstall and re-install I get the same crash symptoms.

BTW - to down load on Ipad you have to go to the top where it says IPad only and change to IPhone Only and you will find it.

I can get mine to come up eventually on my iPhone but it crashed a few times first.