Celebrity air question

sueajp

Has anyone booked their air travel through Celebrity? Looking to book tomorrow for our October Constellation Cruise from Rome. Trying to find a good flight home that doesnt leave too early. Plus flying in a day ahead and going into Rome for an overnight stay before heading to the port. Has anyone had a tight connection from the US to Dublin? The time is about an hour and a half on British Air/Aer Lingus.. The Swiss Air flights are even tighter in Zurich... Thoughts?On the plus side we get into Rome much earlier!

I appreciate everyones input!:)

We have used Celebrity Air for our last two overseas cruises. First I searched on the commercial sites (or use the ITA flight matrix) and find the flights that are or most interest. I priced them out on the airlines websites. In both instances, Celebrity was able to book us on the exact flights we desired at a substantial savings.

Sorry, I cannot help you with the question regarding connections. Both times, our connections were in the US.

Has anyone booked their air travel through Celebrity? Looking to book tomorrow for our October Constellation Cruise from Rome. Trying to find a good flight home that doesnt leave too early. Plus flying in a day ahead and going into Rome for an overnight stay before heading to the port. Has anyone had a tight connection from the US to Dublin? The time is about an hour and a half on British Air/Aer Lingus.. The Swiss Air flights are even tighter in Zurich... Thoughts?On the plus side we get into Rome much earlier!

We just booked our airfare for our September cruise using Celebrity air. It was considerably less to book one was tickets instead of round trip.

We just booked our airfare for our September cruise using Celebrity air. It was considerably less to book one was tickets instead of round trip.

So you are flying Wisconsin to Rome, cruising to Dublin then flying from Dublin to Wisconsin? Or do I have that crossed? We're planning a 2019 cruise starting in Amsterdam and ending in Barcelona. So flying from NC to Amsterdam then Barcelona back to NC.

Was X Air able to book both one ways at the same time? I've heard there have been issues with that.

Actually for our September cruise we are flying out of Milwaukee (MKE) to London (LHR). I would suggest booking by phone and not the website. I booked the first leg on the website and it locked the reservation. It took a couple of calls to be able to get the return booked. You can use the website to check the costs.

...Trying to find a good flight home that doesnt leave too early. Plus flying in a day ahead and going into Rome for an overnight stay before heading to the port. Has anyone had a tight connection from the US to Dublin? The time is about an hour and a half on British Air/Aer Lingus.. The Swiss Air flights are even tighter in Zurich... Thoughts?On the plus side we get into Rome much earlier!

With Choice Air, you book the flights you want; Choice Air does not make the selection, they only offer suggested airlines and flights. If you do not like any of the connections that are displayed, call Choice Air and see what longer connections might be available. I prefer longer connections but other flyers do not like to waste time in airports. You have to decide your own level of comfort re: connection times. You seem concerned with the SWISS connection so you might want to eliminate that one.

P.S. there is a forum on Cruise Critic devoted specifically to Cruise Air discussions. If you ask specific questions and provide travel details, you will get some useful advice from experienced flyers.

Edited by SFCAcruiser
added link to Cruise Air

A 1.5 hour connection does not leave much time if anything happens. We've done that but we have also had to run to our connecting flights a few times. Once we were delayed in leaving due to the VP's plane shutting down the airport for 30 minutes. Another time our gate was occupied and we had to sit on the taxi way for 20 minutes waiting for the plane to leave our gate. Also you might have to clear customs which can take forever. Once got stuck there too and nearly missed a connecting flight. I like about 3 hours on international flights between connecting flights. I would only do 1.5 hours if the alternatives were much longer

Do NOT accept a tight connection simply because it's Choice Air. We did a choice air flight with a tight connection in Frankfurt and missed that connection. Things worked out OK and we made it to the ship but it taught us a lesson, always allow a reasonable connection time allowing for flight delays and security. We do NOT fly anywhere now without a 2 hr minimum connection time.

As others have said, sometimes it's best to call Choice Air instead of what is listed on their website. I've found great flights on Google and ITA Matrix that did not show up on Choice Air but when I called were available. And not to bash Choice Air, unless there is a cost savings to using them consider booking directly with the airline.

We will most likely be booking an Iberian cruise in 2019 that starts in Amsterdam and ends in Barcelona. Someone had mentioned that it would be cheaper booking 2 one-way rather than a multi-destination. So I browsed it on Choice Air using the dates for the 2018 version of the trip. Amounts are for 2 people. :)

One-ways

CLT - AMS $631.90

BCN - CLT $844.22

Total $1476.12

Muli-destination

CLT - AMS, BCN - CLT $1769.10

One-ways save $292.98. This is only within Choice Air and I didn't compare it to Expedia, et al, but that's enough to cover a few dinners at Murano or Qsine.

So I then checked expedia.com. The cheapest one-ways totaled $2828 for a Choice Air savings of $1352. Cheapest expedia multi-destination totaled $2506 for a Choice Air savings of $737. So based on this very unscientific test it looks like Choice Air One-ways may be the way to go.