How soon to get to theater for shows on the Breakaway

ScubaJim

This being a huge ship with 3900 passengers brings up a question: How soon should we arrive at the theater before showtime? How many people can the theater hold?

the theater only holds a few hundred people. they open the doors like 30 minutes prior to showtime

And that's assuming that everyone wants to go to the same show at the same time. We've been on many cruises and have never gone to a show

If you really want to go, just book the time then you don't have to show yup really early.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So I can book the show ahead of time? That is something new.

Thanks.

So I can book the show ahead of time? That is something new.

Thanks.

For some of the shows. At least on the getaway and escape so I'm guessing breakaway too. On the getaway I just used the app once I was on the boat to book it once I decided which day and time I wanted to go. Had no issue. That's my plan on the escape. But I'm not going to be crushed if I miss one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Actually, the BA's double occupancy is around 3,000 pax but it typically sailed at 105% to 110% capacity, up to its much higher lifeboat capacity (triples & quads, etc.) - we sailed here several times, ranging from about 4,3000 to 4,700+ guests ... Officers & crews of up to 1,600, one of our recent off-peak sailing - just about 1,200+ (surprised at the ratio) as told during the Meet & Greet.

The main theater is a little bigger, capacity is closer to a thousand, if not mistaken, more than a few hundreds.

For the *Away/Plus class ships - popular theater shows require advance reservations, standbys allowed if there are last minute seating availability - book it up to 90 days ahead of sailing. Your guest key card will be swiped to validate your reservation at the entrance, doors usually open 30 minutes prior - but, as long as you are there 15 minutes to show time, a decent choice of seating can be found. Sometimes, you might find more seats on the left (port) side of the theater upon entering ... watch/mind your steps as it can be somewhat dark inside.

To answer the OP’s question, arrive 30 minutes early for the best seats for the two main shows Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor. You need to make reservations for the shows in advance. 10 minutes before show time, they allow standby passengers to go in.

To clarify prior posts,,,, the Breakaway accommodates 3963 passengers double occupancy. Since there are a lot of 3rd and 4th people in rooms, she normally Sails every week with 4200 passengers and up to 4500 passengers when really busy.

The Breakaway theater holds 800 passengers.

Each of the main shows are preformed 4 times during the cruise.

So, that is 3200 seats for Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor.

Like the Titanic, there are not enough seats,,,, for everyone to see the shows. That being said, there are people that don’t want to see the shows. And there are often empty seats.

To answer the OP’s question, arrive 30 minutes early for the best seats for the two main shows Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor. You need to make reservations for the shows in advance. 10 minutes before show time, they allow standby passengers to go in.

To clarify prior posts,,,, the Breakaway accommodates 3963 passengers double occupancy. Since there are a lot of 3rd and 4th people in rooms, she normally Sails every week with 4200 passengers and up to 4500 passengers when really busy.

The Breakaway theater holds 800 passengers.

Each of the main shows are preformed 4 times during the cruise.

So, that is 3200 seats for Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor.

Like the Titanic, there are not enough seats,,,, for everyone to see the shows. That being said, there are people that don’t want to see the shows. And there are often empty seats.

Very good info in this post...

I will add that if you do arrive late, as long as your party is willing to separate, you can almost always find individual empty seats scattered about....

I was on one sailing of the Breakaway, when demand for seats for Rock of Ages exceeded the capacity of the four shows...in that case, they did perform a fifth show, a matinee, to accommodate those unable to get seats for the other shows. Since there are so many repeater's on the Breakaway now, a lot of them do not wish to see it again...so for me, I was able to see the show twice...love the music...:cool:

What about the smaller shows like magicians, hypnotists, etc. Do you reserve seats for those too? If not, how early do you need to arrive to get a seat to see it? Thanks!

You cannot reserve seating in advance, and I've never been on a cruise where it was needed. These "smaller" shows never seem to fill up.

You cannot reserve seating in advance, and I've never been on a cruise where it was needed. These "smaller" shows never seem to fill up.

Thank you. I have only been on one cruise and that was a different line. On that one, the magician show was full to capacity by 30 minutes before and tons of people got turned away.