Allure Cabins walls behind the beds 6630

carolitis

Can someone tell me what the wall behind the bed in cabins on sixth level are made from? Ours is Accessible cabin 6630. I am on IVs and need to see if and what kind of hook could be attached to the wall behind the bed so I can avoid bringing an IV pole. If wall is metallic a magnetic hook will work, if a very smooth finish command hooks will work. If is it a wall covering or a slightly a textured finish, command hooks will not work and I will have to find another option. Often hotels will tell me that a wall is painted smooth and I get there and is slightly textured so keep falling and have to hook to a picture or something. I find it nice to bring extra hooks for convenience on cruises too. Thank you.:D

• 1 month later...

OK. I was excited to be told that walls behind the beds on the Allure are steel, so magnet hooks will work. Now have just spoken to special needs department at RCCL and they said even after checked further that walls are covered with some kind of textured wallpaper type material. When I asked aren't they metal underneath the paper they cannot confirm. Without a confirmation must bring an IV pole on our flight. I refuse to rent one for $95. Already renting a scooter there and may get onboard and find walls are steel and magnets work. If anyone can clarify please do.

The walls are steel, covered with a vinyl skin. Cheap magnets won't always work, but strong ones can. Those mentioned by Bob (Clarea), are rare earth magnets, and are somewhat controlled for air shipment (or in your luggage on a plane). While I don't believe these small magnetic hooks exceed the gauss levels that the DOT sets, just know that if you bring a whole bunch of them, it might. One way to know, as the gauss ratings are not real common knowledge, is to see if Amazon will ship these by air or not. If they are going surface, then the package size may be too strong for air shipment. Strong rare earth magnets can affect the electronics on the aircraft.

Wow. I am glad someone is smart. I guess another call to TSA is going to be needed. All I really need is one hook that works and will hold a liter of IV fluid. I have to figure out how Amazon would ship magnets, though never noticed the difference before or figure out gauss ratings. The metal walls is a confusing issue. Saw today online that many who cruised used magnetic hooks that worked then cruised again in a different cabin and those same magnets would not work at all. If not such an essential issue for me, I would not stress about it. Don't want to get stuck sitting under the bathroom door where I can hook IV for 8 hours a day when I usually do it overnight in bed. Thanks for info and I welcome more.