YC - Any Aft Cabins?

cruzers j&n

Hello, hoping experienced MSC cruisers can help me....from my research, it appears YC cabins are located on higher floors in the forward section of the ship, is this correct? I get seasick very easily so tend to book lower midship cabins, but can tolerate aft location as we love the views of the wake. Is there such thing as a YC cabin in the aft or even midship section of the ship? Pls note I prefer ships no larger than 3000 passengers so I guess this will limit us to the Fantasia class.

If YC cabins are all forward, I suppose the next best thing is a midship or aft cabin with Aurea experience, but how much difference is there in SERVICE levels between Aurea and YC? I am aware of the actual implications of class of service (i.e., what's included and what's not), but was curious for those that have tried both levels if you could provide a scale....such as 10 (great) for YC and 8 (very good) for Aurea? I've read several comments that it's either YC or chose another cruise line so feel like we "have" to choose YC for a good experience. Excellent customer service is a must when we vacation (we are actually not fussy travelers but have a child w/severe, life threatening food allergies so when we travel, we need top notch service with attention to detail).

Thank you all for your insights. Hoping we can make it work with MSC! :)

Hello, hoping experienced MSC cruisers can help me....from my research, it appears YC cabins are located on higher floors in the forward section of the ship, is this correct? I get seasick very easily so tend to book lower midship cabins, but can tolerate aft location as we love the views of the wake. Is there such thing as a YC cabin in the aft or even midship section of the ship? Pls note I prefer ships no larger than 3000 passengers so I guess this will limit us to the Fantasia class.

If YC cabins are all forward, I suppose the next best thing is a midship or aft cabin with Aurea experience, but how much difference is there in SERVICE levels between Aurea and YC? I am aware of the actual implications of class of service (i.e., what's included and what's not), but was curious for those that have tried both levels if you could provide a scale....such as 10 (great) for YC and 8 (very good) for Aurea? I've read several comments that it's either YC or chose another cruise line so feel like we "have" to choose YC for a good experience. Excellent customer service is a must when we vacation (we are actually not fussy travelers but have a child w/severe, life threatening food allergies so when we travel, we need top notch service with attention to detail).

Thank you all for your insights. Hoping we can make it work with MSC! :)

Yes you are right ALL the YC cabins are on the upper decks at the front. Mind you there is nearly as much movement on the upper decks aft.

to use an airline analogy

The YC is 1st class 8-10/10

Aurea is business class 7-8/10

Fantastica is Economy plus 7-8/10

Bella is economy 7-8/10

There is a gulf in service levels between YC and the others.

In addition the YC is much more peaceful and an oasis of tranquility

Aurea gives you some nice additions

1) All inclusive drinks in the cost

2) a complimentary massage

3) dining in a dedicated area of the MDR

All the service levels will be much more discreet than you get on an AMERICAN line, as Europeans prefer it that way.

They would expect to have to attract a waiter to order a drink rather than be harangued every 5 minutes by a waiter working on commission/tips.

hope this is of help

Pete

PS

I have no experience of food allergies so cannot comment on MSC's attention to detail on that front

Excellent customer service is a must when we vacation (we are actually not fussy travelers but have a child w/severe, life threatening food allergies so when we travel, we need top notch service with attention to detail).

I think this mean that you really need YC.

I'm no MSC expert but as I understand it their customer service isn't very good, unless you are in the YC.

In the YC you will get top notch service. In the rest of the ship, maybe not.

If YC is comfortably in your budget, then go for it. However, Aurea does offer a very attractive alternative.

Either way, there shouldn't be a problem with dealing with the allergies. You need to notify MSC in advance as to your specific requirements, then visit the maitreD after embarking the ship to further discuss the situation. If you opt for YC, you can speak to the m'D there; otherwise you could spend some of the first afternoon queuing to see the ship's m'D who looks after the other MDRs.

You would certainly get a higher level of service and attention in the YC restaurant, too.

YC is like having a clubhouse, with its own dedicated public areas, butlers, bar, hors d’oeuvres for all day noshing, dedicated restaurant, own pool and hot tubs etc etc. No comparison. You need a key card to enter the area. Unlike NCL Haven, all cabins are physically located within the YC footprint.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

SC ... We were in an Aft Suite and had very good service during our Xmas cruise on Seaside, there were a few hiccups but that was to be expected.

I'm only talking about the customer service. That's always available in the YC. Outside the YC it may be much harder to get with very long lines.

The OP needs top notch service and I think that it's hard, but maybe not impossible, to get outside the YC.

I’ve not experienced YC, but travelled with son who’s coeliac. They only guarantee special diets in the MDR (rather than buffet), but my son had his own dedicated waiter who brought him his GF menu in the MDR each day or advised him which items from the main menu were GF with minor modifications (eg missing out a sauce).

In the buffet they won’t tell you the ingredients of anything , just referring us to MDR - probably because risk of contamination.

For obvious things like fries and fruit or plain slices of meat we risked it (son doesn’t have serious reactions to gluten)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm only talking about the customer service. That's always available in the YC. Outside the YC it may be much harder to get with very long lines.

The OP needs top notch service and I think that it's hard, but maybe not impossible, to get outside the YC.

From our one time on Divinia compared to many times on NCL, even outside the YC never really encountered any long lines other than buffet packed and couldn't find a seat for a few minutes one day. Ship never felt packed. Contrast to NCL ship like BA it was a stark contrast in congestion between Haven and rest of ship.

From our one time on Divinia compared to many times on NCL, even outside the YC never really encountered any long lines other than buffet packed and couldn't find a seat for a few minutes one day. Ship never felt packed. Contrast to NCL ship like BA it was a stark contrast in congestion between Haven and rest of ship.

There was always long lines for customer service on the Meraviglia last summer.

(My English isn't very good so maybe I use the wrong words. When I say customer service I mean the place you go to, or call, when something is wrong or you need information about something. Reception? Like the concierge but for those outside the YC,)

There was always long lines for customer service on the Meraviglia last summer.

(My English isn't very good so maybe I use the wrong words. When I say customer service I mean the place you go to, or call, when something is wrong or you need information about something. Reception? Like the concierge but for those outside the YC,)

I knew what you meant, SC. It can be referred to as Customer Services or, another way, Guest Services.

And, you're right: no queues to see the concierge in YC, unlike the situation at Guest Services for those in the other cabins most of the time, when you really have to try to find a quiet moment. It can be a pain when you have an issue and you go down to the desk only to discover a long line, so you have to return again at a later stage if you don't want to spend valuable vacation time queuing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for your helpful replies! I love the CC community. :)

Without doubt I will need to carefully think about this. I’m dying to try MSC as we love international travel and enjoy diversity of cultures. Just concerned I’ll be sick from all the motion ( and yes, I do take meds for this but am just very sensitive and easily get ill). Perhaps we’ll shoot for July in the Mediterranean when seas should be relatively calm. I’ll be sure to report back if we can go!