Why is Airfare so Expensive from Philadelphia to Florida

Tomnsgirl

I guess I don’t think of $300 as high.

They could go down, or up. 90 days is allegedly the sweet spot for airfare, but that doesn’t necessarily apply to tourist areas.

Check some dates closer in for comparison, and compare Baltimore and Newark, as well as Miami. PHL is still an American hub I believe, as is MIA.

Up to a point, I just figure airfare is what it is. I travel a lot, and there’s frequently no rhyme or reason. Bizarrely, first class tends to be more consistent than coach (doesn’t apply to Southwest, of course). Higher, but consistent.

Predicting what the fares will do between now and then is about as easy as predicting the stock market.

What you have paid in the past has absolutely nothing to do with what you will pay for these upcoming flights. But,as you are 4 months out, it is a very good chance the cheapest fares were sold months ago.

Hello,

We are set to cruise in June out of Miami the flights are over $300pp, we are looking at flights into Ft. Lauderdale. Do you think airfare will go down in a few months or go higher:confused:.

Check out Kayak they have a fare predictor, I do not know how accurate it is. I, personally have never used it.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Check out Kayak they have a fare predictor, I do not know how accurate it is. I, personally have never used it.

Bon voyage

I need to add, we usually purchase refundable fares unless we book under 45 days or less out, as there are relatively few discounts for business or first class seats.

Bon voyage

Are your dates flexible? You can try using kayak or google flights to see a matrix of dates and find the least expensive combo of dates. There is also a site that lets you combine flights on different airlines or take only a portion of a transferring flight to save but I can't remember the address. I think it has jumper in the name though. Sign up for newsletters from your preferred carriers so you don't miss a sale. Recently I saw flights from JFK to FLL drop to $180 round trip on jet blue then back to $275 a few days later. You have to be diligent. The beginning of June might drop but towards the end, as kids get out of school, the prices usually increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums