Breakfast on the Breakaway

cruiserfromNYC123

So, what do you all do for breakfast on the Breakaway? We normally do the buffet but want to venture away from the 'all you can eat' feel. Thanks!
The Brazilian restaurant is where we went. It was a peaceful much less crowded place to have breakfast.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So, what do you all do for breakfast on the Breakaway? We normally do the buffet but want to venture away from the 'all you can eat' feel. Thanks!

My first cruise on the Breakaway is coming up in April, but from what I've read (and experienced on 6 different ships) shows that on sea days, one of the main dining rooms will be open for breakfast. Order off an extensive menu. Also, on NCL, you can get a pretty nice sit-down breakfast at O'Sheehan's (the 24 hour pub). In my experience with them on other Norwegian ships, it's never crowded. The main dining rooms are rarely all that crowded for breakfast either. We enjoy them because you get such nice light coming in the windows and you can actually see the ocean.

I know the Breakaway will have other options too...but we NEVER hit the buffet on a sea day. For excursion days, it's often the best option. You can get in and out fast, and head for shore. But it's also not terribly relaxing.

So, what do you all do for breakfast on the Breakaway? ... want to venture away from the 'all you can eat' feel. Thanks!

I see that you haven't sailed NCL in a few years, cont'l breakfast remained complimentary - including coffee, tea, juice & milk ... as an option on sea days if you don't feel like going out (6:30 to 10 AM) for cold items. Hot items (like Room Service, rest of day/night) has a Service Charge of $7.95 per order, AYCOrder)

Otherwise, stroll to the MDR (usually, either Taste or Savor ... open till 9:00 & 9:30 AM, hours staggered a bit) for full breakfast. Also complimentary, Margaritaville on Deck 16 has a breakfast buffet w. omelet station, cook to order (subject to change w/o notice) in the morning - nice to sit in warmer climate, somewhat sheltered from the wind with the enclosure.

O'Sheehan's served up a limited hot breakfast selection until 11 AM and it's often not crowded.

Moderno is the Brazilian restaurant, opposite site from Cagney, Deck 8 AFT - where breakfast buffet is (sometimes ??) setup on sea days, especially when outdoors are closed due to weather/windy, etc.

The only times we would visit & go to the Garden Cafe/buffet is on port days as some/many would hit the pier early for excursion, if we sleep in & wait a bit to wait for the crowd to head down to the gangway ... otherwise, it's crowded (frankly, don't need 1,500 calories upon waking up.) But, it's the only secret path to ask for the hidden away ... smoked salmon.

Clink to see this CC 2017 menus thread link (used on BA & Gem) uploaded with some pictures, with link to another post with more food pictures (including dinner - most of it fleetwide) within the thread.

I have been on the Breakaway 3 times and we always enjoy having breakfast at Margaritaville. Most people don't realize complimentary breakfast is served there since Margaritaville opened as a fee lunch/dinner restaurant. It is quieter and the choices are more than adequate. They used to serve breakfast sandwiches which were terrific.They were a riff on McDonalds egg cheese croissant type

We always do the dining room or some other "sit down" venue for most meals...just nicer than buffets, IMO. I don't like searching for seats, and juggling plates and utensils while searching for syrup or jelly....at a "sit down" place, everything is on the table, awaiting your use!

We also just came off the Breakaway and we always opt for the restaurants for breakfast. (unless it's an early port and we have to get off quickly), then we do other options and still try and avoid the Garden Buffet).

Myself, I am a senior and my days of juggling plates, coffee cups, have been over for years. I like to sit and be served. If we need more coffee, another Danish, some catsup, whatever, all we need to do is ask a waiter and viola, it's there. In the buffet, by the time one finds a seat, gets their food to the table, then goes for coffee, most things never remain hot. That's just us, of course. Many others think the buffet is the thing to do. You know, in and out and on to other things. We like to relax, enjoy our food and even linger for that extra cup of coffee. The Savior and the Taste restaurants offer sit down breakfasts, but there are times when you will wait for a table.

Cheers

Len

We primarily use the buffet for a quick morning bite. Post #18 on my live post from the Breakaway has some breakfast menu pictures and way back on post #173 is some photos of the margaritaville buffet. Also Freestyle dailies so you can get an idea of when restaurants are open on port and sea days. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

I'm excited to hear that Margaritaville has those great breakfast sandwiches/ pastries that they used to have at the Uptown Grill. We used to go to the Uptown Grill for breakfast most days, and I was about to seriously miss it on my cruise in March, but I guess although the restaurant name changed, the patries didn't. Yay! Even when I don't have a question, I get a question answered.

I'm excited to hear that Margaritaville has those great breakfast sandwiches/ pastries that they used to have at the Uptown Grill. We used to go to the Uptown Grill for breakfast most days, and I was about to seriously miss it on my cruise in March, but I guess although the restaurant name changed, the patries didn't. Yay! Even when I don't have a question, I get a question answered.

I believe the poster said they “used to have the breakfast sandwiches” in Margaritaville. I’ve been on the Breakaway the last two years (and going again in a couple months) and two years ago the Uptown grill did have them, last year Margaritaville didn’t not have the breakfast sandwiches. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk