Escape for a family

megann831

We're looking into taking our family on the Norwegian Escape. My older ones will be 8 and 6 and it looks like they'll have a ton of things to do. They went on the Breakaway last year and my oldest loved the rope course so she'll be excited to do that again. This time we'll also be bringing our newest, who will be 6 months at the time. I expected to just be bringing the baby around with us the whole time, but as I looked at the boat I see they offer an under 2 room so "parents get the vacation they deserve". Does this mean you can drop a baby off just like the older kids club? Not sure I'm comfortable with that, but it's a nice option to have! I also see they have a kids aqua park. I think my older ones will love that too, but do they allow babies w/ swim diapers to splash around?

Also, how strict are they with the ages? I am due April 26th, and the dr has already told me I will not go any later than the 26th. We're looking at a cruise leaving on 10/21 or one that leaves 11/ 4. Schools around here are off most of the 11/4 week so I think I'd prefer to do 10/21. Theoretically the latest the baby will turn 6 months would be 10/26. Would they allow her on the 10/21 cruise since she'll be turning 6 months that week? You just need a birth certificate right?

They must be 6 months of age or they will not be allowed on the ship. A birth certificate is fine for travel. We took our little one on his first cruise when he was 6 months and 3 weeks old. The lady checking us in mentioned that she had to turn away a family the previous week because their baby wouldn't turn 6 months until later in the cruise.

They must be 6 months of age or they will not be allowed on the ship. A birth certificate is fine for travel. We took our little one on his first cruise when he was 6 months and 3 weeks old. The lady checking us in mentioned that she had to turn away a family the previous week because their baby wouldn't turn 6 months until later in the cruise.

Wonder why they were even allowed to book? My travel agent always has the exact birthdates of my kids.

There is no splash area for non-toilet trained children on any NCL ship.

Yes, Escape has a drop-off nursery where you can book your baby into babysitting services for a fee. It’s the only ship to offer this.

Of course, if your baby is less than 6 months old, this is all moot because your baby won’t be on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off escape with a 2 yr old. Unlike Royal Caribbeans newest ships, there is no baby splash area. The childrens pool is definitely a no as they would not let ours use the area that was only 6 in deep wearing a diaper. There is a water area next to pool but the water drains so there was no where to play "in" water. My biggest disappointment is that there is no place to take baby/toddler to run run around and play with toys. RCI has a big playroom that you can take them filled with toys that they sanitize every night. I realize yours is much younger but wanted to let others who have toddlers know.

Wonder why they were even allowed to book? My travel agent always has the exact birthdates of my kids.

I was allowed to book while I was pregnant. I called NCL, they asked for my due date and then I was told to call back once he got here. Granted, this was a couple years ago so maybe policies have changed. I imagine they thought they could get away with fudging the kid's birthday. There's nothing to stop you from lying online or over the phone, but they are going to verify your info once you get to port. Expensive lesson to learn.

Don't risk it. If for some reason your baby is born early, you won't be able to go.

Splash areas on Escape do NOT allow swim diapers. There really isn't any water activity for littler kids, unfortunately. (Unlike Disney Fantasy which has a splash area designed for swim diapered children.)

We cruised on Escape with our 6 and 2.99999 year old in the fall. We had a great time, but did not use the nursery at all for the smaller one. (We brought a nanny.) He was able to go to the splash area since trained, but I would have been really up a creek without a paddle if that wasn't the case, since he always wants to do what big sister is doing. She liked the kids club.

When you say your dr promises you won't go later than your due date, does that mean he or she will induce you on your due date or they just think you'll go into labor on your own by then? The absolute latest I've ever heard of doctors allowing you to gestate is 42 weeks, so you'd be safe if you add 2 weeks to your due date and then plan a trip. I guess you would also be safe if your dr will provide an elective induction on your due date, but I wouldn't recommend that for your sake. Elective inductions are linked to higher c-section rates, so I personally wouldn't agree to that unless there is medical indication that it is necessary (which there very well could be - I don't know anything about your health). My first came on his own in 38 weeks, and my second 42 so subsequent kids aren't always shorter gestations.