Disembarking before end of cruise

oreste

I intend to take a cruise to North America, but would prefer to disembark at the first portof call - i.e., Halifax Canada. I do have all the necessary visa entry requirements. Would this present a problem to NCL?

You would most likely have to make arrangements with the cruise line in advance.

I would also ask this on the NCL forum, where there is a better chance it be seen by cruisers who have done this before:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

It is not unheard of however, it can present an issue for the authorities. My suggestion is to contact NCL, in your case, and ask them. There is paperwork and fees involved for leaving early on a closed loop cruise.

It is a cruise from Southampton to New York - via Halifax. So I guess that would not be a closed loop... Still, thanks for the input. I don't mind the extra fee, much less paper work. I just need to make sure there are no extra visa requirement, etc.

It is a cruise from Southampton to New York - via Halifax. So I guess that would not be a closed loop... Still, thanks for the input. I don't mind the extra fee, much less paper work. I just need to make sure there are no extra visa requirement, etc.

Any visa requirement will depend entirely on your nationality. It won’t be a one size fits all answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This entire thread from the second page deals with this exact question, maybe on the same cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2594593

I'm the OP of that thread. It's not quite the same question. It's not the same cruise as there are ports of call before the final destination including one in Canada and the returnee is a Canadian citizen and resident returning to Canada. What I have learned through my own inquiries is that disembarking is a regular occurrence and not that big of a deal to the companies.