Group cancellation question?

Wmelton927

our group booked 16 rooms in May 2017. I am the group coordinator and received an email on Feb 6th that all our rooms had been canceled. When I called carnival I was told it was due to an employee error. After 6 days now we still do not have all of our original rooms booked back. Have any of you had this happen before? Did carnival offer any type of credit on board or just say sorry? Thanks in advance.

That is absolutely unacceptable. They need to give your entire group your original cabins and tell the other people, now presumably booked in those cabins, that it was an internal error. I would advise posting on the Carnival FB Page, under visitor posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would call Groups and ask to speak with a supervisor . I would be kind, because stuff happens, but I would not hang up until I was satisfied with the repair job. I don't see any reason why they couldn't pair you all back up with your original state rooms (may need to move someone else) or at the minimum an acceptable substitute that everyone is happy with. Just keep the fire burning under them so that they feel it is as urgent as you do ;p.

I don't know that I would expect any compensation for this unless I spent many hours on the phone trying to fix it, but I'm generally pretty forgiving if the party in error gives a crap about fixing it.

If you haven't already have a list with everyone's individual booking number and cabin #. Contact the Group Department and demand nicely that the bookings be reinstated to their original cabin numbers and have a cabin confirmation sent to your email address as each one is done while you're on the phone.

My group of 78 last December was originally booked individually because the PvP said there wasn't group booking I that sailing, he was wrong. A supervisor had to transfer all of the cabins to group which caused them to have different cabin numbers while this was being done. My co been was that my original cabins would be booked before my group was placed back to their true cabins. I was told of that happened Carnival would contact the new person and tell them that they are being moved because the room shouldn't have been released to inventory. It did take about a week for it to be done. I hope this helped you.