can you transfer your reservation if your TA doesnt have the cabin in inventory?

luckyinpa

The answer must be no but ill wait for you to confirm that.

If you book a cabin through princess but then transfer it to an outside TA, must the TA have that cabin in inventory in order to give you the good pricing through the TA website

for example i found an online TA that is 200 less for the OV and balcony cabins but they dont list the one set of cabins i like as being available on their site. so my guess is they cannot offer me the cheap price on that good cabin location. but boy would it be nice to book that cabin through princess then get the money off by transferring it out :)

too good to be true..yes?

I was able to do an on line hold (no money on it) and then transfer the booking to my TA, but it was at the price I had on line.

I'd call the TA and see what they can do for you. If you are not determined to have a particular cabin, perhaps they have something close. If not in the penalty period, you can always cancel the Princess booking and book thru the TA, but this might not be necessary. Call the TA and ask.

The TA can't possibly have the cabin "in inventory" if you have already booked it. I always book my own cabin through Princess. Later I transfer it to my TA who knocks cash off the top end of the cost. There is no "in the inventory" issue that I can see. Book the cabin and then transfer the booking picking up whatever perks the TA is willing to give you.

I always book the cabin I want via Princess and then transfer the booking to an online travel agency. It has never been a problem keeping the room I selected.

did you get the cheaper TA price? this TA has a 'web rate' significantly cheaper than princess.

also any way to know if that TA will have the dollar deposit tomorrow? do they in general

Book what looks best to you for the $1 Deposit , then see what your TA will do for you if you transfer it .

Princess allows any TA to discount their best Princess Rates upfront .

TA's don't hold inventory but may have allotments of categories for their Speculative Groups .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The answer must be no but ill wait for you to confirm that.

If you book a cabin through princess but then transfer it to an outside TA, must the TA have that cabin in inventory in order to give you the good pricing through the TA website

for example i found an online TA that is 200 less for the OV and balcony cabins but they dont list the one set of cabins i like as being available on their site. so my guess is they cannot offer me the cheap price on that good cabin location. but boy would it be nice to book that cabin through princess then get the money off by transferring it out :)

too good to be true..yes?

No, it's definitely NOT too good to be true. If your TA can't give you a discounted rate (and/or equivalent OBC) on ANY cabin available on the Princess site, then you need to keep looking.

Book what looks best to you for the $1 Deposit , then see what your TA will do for you if you transfer it .

Princess allows any TA to discount their best Princess Rates upfront .

TA's don't hold inventory but may have allotments of categories for their Speculative Groups .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

well thats interesting. id love to book the room i want with princess then transfer to TA and get that discounted rate at the TA thats on their site today. . they do have the category but not the cabins i want listed. i assume a category. IS a category. period?

Only the Travel Agent can tell you if they will give you their cruise fare on a stateroom you book through Princess and then transfer to them... There is no standard practice; call the TA and find out what—if anything—they will offer you...

If the cabin is showing as available on the Princess web site, then any TA can book that cabin for you.

But since there will be many bookings during the $1 deposit sale today, I would quickly reserve it on Princess before someone else can and then work with the TA to transfer it to them.

If the cabin is showing as available on the Princess web site, then any TA can book that cabin for you.

But since there will be many bookings during the $1 deposit sale today, I would quickly reserve it on Princess before someone else can and then work with the TA to transfer it to them.

Good response to their inquiry.